How long have you waited for a 'guarantee' assignment & what kind of cabin?

SnappyNappi

[quote name='Socceric9']Interior Stateroom Guaranteed (N) we were assigned 6451, Independence of the Seas. I'm currently trying to get in touch with the agent because their price on an ocean-view GTY is now only $13 more total that what we paid, all category prices dropped.

My Agent, which is bad I know, is so hard to get in touch with and terrible at returning calls. Since RCCL has the exact same lower prices as my agent.. Can I call them about this upgrade?[/QUOTE]

your travel agent "owns" your reservation, so the agent must make the changes. So, to pay the OV upgrade or to change cabins, you need your agent's help.

I do not see any available N cabins on your cruise, so I switching to another N does not seem to be an option right now. If you do not choose to upgrade to an OV gty, you can keep watching to see if a (better) N becomes available, and call your agent to switch if it does.

[quote name='Socceric9']Interior Stateroom Guaranteed (N) we were assigned 6451, Independence of the Seas. I'm currently trying to get in touch with the agent because their price on an ocean-view GTY is now only $13 more total that what we paid, all category prices dropped.

My Agent, which is bad I know, is so hard to get in touch with and terrible at returning calls. Since RCCL has the exact same lower prices as my agent.. Can I call them about this upgrade?[/QUOTE]

Wow, such a bummer not being able to get ahold of TA. Hopefully the rate will hold till she gets back to you. Is it an agency where you can talk t someone else?

This was the first time I booked with an individual agent and I won't do it again. While it all worked out ok, she kinda gave me a hard time when I changed cabins a time or two. All for $50 OBC. Not worth it. Other times I have either booked direct or used a large online agency that you can talk to someone 24/7

Will keep our fingers crossed for you. And since it is going to be another guarantee, once you are assigned, you can again check all rooms in that category and see if you want to switch. I booked a balcony guarantee. Was assigned a midship ok location cabin. But then I noticed a e1 (same category I was assigned) aft cabin open. So I changed. This will be our first aft cabin

Now, if you are like starry eyes and snappynappi then you may not be assigned to right before sailing. But we are all keeping fingers crossed for them to get a great upgrade.

Make sure you come back and let us know how it works out

It's a reputable company I was told, not sure if I can mention is here... and they have a lots of agents. When I called today some gentlemen was about to help me, pulled my file, then gave me the "It's better if the agent you booked with helps you out, and shes on the other line" run around and said he would give her a message to call me. In her defense this was at 6pm and they close at 7pm. I will definitely be persistent about this tomorrow and see where I can get and let you guys know. Thanks again for being so helpful.

Soccer, at least the agency is answering the phone. Hopefully you will get an inexpensive upgrade tomorrow. I like natural light in a cabin, so an OV upgrade would appeal to me. it may well be on a lower deck, which is nice when you are coming and going in ports. I suppose there is a risk you could be assigned a room by the anchor or another noisy area, but you sound flexible...and hopefully you will be lucky.

Waterbug, you are correct....seventeen days to go, and I am waiting for my assignment. in a sense, that is good...there were lots of JS's available when I upgraded to a W, so if I had gotten an assignment fast, it would have been a JS. Now, no more JS's are available, so we have a reL shot at an upgrade. I hope you love the aft cabin on your cruise.

[quote name='waterbugohio']Now, if you are like starry eyes and snappynappi then you may not be assigned to right before sailing. But we are all keeping fingers crossed for them to get a great upgrade.

Make sure you come back and let us know how it works out.[/quote]
WATERBUGOHIO,
You are so sweet... GTY assignment status as of today, at least for me - but I believe the same for Wendy (Starry Eyes), is no assignment yet and 16 days till sailing. Since it is a Category W GTY, I am watching the suites closely and there is not much left - only 19 total suites as of today available - no JS in that number and 13 of them are Crown Loft... here's hoping. I will be sure to post as soon as I hear anything. I am sure Stary Eyes is watching and will do the same. :)

[quote name='SnappyNappi']WATERBUGOHIO,
Since it is a Category W GTY, I am watching the suites closely and there is not much left - only 19 total suites as of today available - no JS in that number and 13 of them are Crown Loft... here's hoping. I will be sure to post as soon as I hear anything. I am sure Stary Eyes is watching and will do the same. :)[/QUOTE]

I sail on 11/24 JOS and have a W GTY also. Only 1 JS (that I can tell), 3 Grands, 1 Owner and 2 Royal Families (not that I'm watching ;) ). My hub keeps chanting the OS's number....

Let's keep everything crossed for everybody and smooth sailing for all!

[quote name='fouremmetts']I sail on 11/24 JOS and have a W GTY also. Only 1 JS (that I can tell), 3 Grands, 1 Owner and 2 Royal Families (not that I'm watching ;) ). My hub keeps chanting the OS's number....

Let's keep everything crossed for everybody and smooth sailing for all![/quote]
Best of luck to you, FOUREMMETTS - hope you get a great assignment. Please check in with us when you hear to let us know how it goes. But, yes, most important --- smooth sailing for all (especially this week and weekend)!

[quote name='waterbugohio']Other times I have either booked direct or used a large online agency that you can talk to someone 24/7

[/quote]

We use a super agent that works for one of the large online agencies. I think we have the best of both worlds ...;)

Still waiting to hear the GTY assignment!!

Darn,

After reading all these posts I was hoping you all would have something to report.

The good news is that you haven't heard anything yet, every GTY I have done (HAL and Carnival) has been better than what I started at I almost always book a GTY and usually after the catagory has sold out.

My December cruise on HAL I am still waiting on, but last time I didn't learn until I reached the pier.

My best wishes for all of you and I hope you get what you want. :D

Penny & Wenday
So are you both flying into FLL a day early? If you don't have an assignment before its time to go, you will need to post on this thread from the pier. No way you can let us hanging the whole week you are gone.

Wish I was on the Oasis with the two of you. Would love to try that sometime, just not this year.

I am still considering myself lucky. We were not going to cruise at all this year, but then decided to cash in Visa points for $$ off the cruise. Found a great price on a balcony guarantee on the Liberty, we were able to snag a balcony and ended up with a aft cabin. Was hoping that this would be the time the upgrade fairy would pay a visit, but no such luck. Hopefully she will be finding the two of you.

Donna (waterbug)

WATERBUGOHIO- DH and I are actually am flying in on a 6:00 AM flight from Newark, NJ on the morning we leave... I know - not the brightest idea I have ever had, but I am confident that we will be fine. We should arrive in FLL at 9:15 AM (assuming no delays). If there is any real reason for concern, I will have no problem paying the fee to change the flights to the day before. Otherwise, we have a big enough window that I have promised myself that I wont get nervous about it.

Hopefully we will NOT have to tap-talk from the pier to let you know our assignments. The excitement might just kill me by then! :)

VICOCALA- I will be happy as long as I am on the ship! With just barely over 2 weeks to go, I am about ready to jump out of my skin.

Just to update, I got a hold of my TA today and she got on the phone with RCCL. They were willing to switch me to an ocean-view GTY and didn't charge me the $13 price difference. I did however have to surronder a $50 OBC from my travel agent in the process. I had $150 total, now down to $100. So in the long run its costing me $37 to upgrade. In my opinion I think it's worth giving up the credit to get an outside room. Now back to waiting on an assignment! Thanks again everyone!

[quote name='Socceric9']Just to update, I got a hold of my TA today and she got on the phone with RCCL. They were willing to switch me to an ocean-view GTY and didn't charge me the $13 price difference. I did however have to surronder a $50 OBC from my travel agent in the process. I had $150 total, now down to $100. So in the long run its costing me $37 to upgrade. In my opinion I think it's worth giving up the credit to get an outside room. Now back to waiting on an assignment! Thanks again everyone![/QUOTE]

Great news. Now you can stick with this thread while all of you wait on your assignments!!

Not sure I understand the prices she gave you. But it sounds like it was worth the cost.

Keep us posted

[quote name='Socceric9']Just to update, I got a hold of my TA today and she got on the phone with RCCL. They were willing to switch me to an ocean-view GTY and didn't charge me the $13 price difference. I did however have to surronder a $50 OBC from my travel agent in the process. I had $150 total, now down to $100. So in the long run its costing me $37 to upgrade. In my opinion I think it's worth giving up the credit to get an outside room. Now back to waiting on an assignment! Thanks again everyone![/QUOTE]

how terrific that you got an upgrade...welcome back to the gty assignment waiting game.

[quote name='fouremmetts']Got my assignment today! It is the last JS (1598 w/obstructed view) but from all I've read, it will be great. It does have a bigger balcony.

I'm actually very excited and only 4 weeks to go! :D[/QUOTE]

The bigger balcony should be nice. I too have heard that obstruction is no big deal. Have a great time.

No assignment for Oasis 11/10 yet. Maybe cruisatick is correct and a GS assignment will come tomorrow...that would be great. Regardless 15 days until the cruise:D.

[quote name='waterbugohio']Penny & Wenday
So are you both flying into FLL a day early? If you don't have an assignment before its time to go, you will need to post on this thread from the pier. No way you can let us hanging the whole week you are gone....
I am still considering myself lucky. We were not going to cruise at all this year, but then decided to cash in Visa points for $$ off the cruise. Found a great price on a balcony guarantee on the Liberty, we were able to snag a balcony and ended up with a aft cabin. Was hoping that this would be the time the upgrade fairy would pay a visit, but no such luck. Hopefully she will be finding the two of you.

Donna (waterbug)[/QUOTE]

Donna, any cruise is a lucky and happy event in my book, too. I love aft cabins and would consider any cruise in a aft cabin very lucky. Hopefully it will live up to the anticipation. Does Liberty have the new menus?

I'll be in Florida for a week pre cruise. I should have Internet and will post the outcome even if assigned at the port.

[SIZE=3]Since this is a long thread and people are waiting various times for their cabin assignments, I would like to make a suggestion............[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]When you get your assignment please post what guarantee cat you signed up for.........then what you were finally assigned.:D[/SIZE] No back tracking to try and figure it out.

[SIZE=3]I like this thread![/SIZE]

[quote name='fouremmetts']Got my assignment today! It is the last JS (1598 w/obstructed view) but from all I've read, it will be great. It does have a bigger balcony.

I'm actually very excited and only 4 weeks to go! :D[/QUOTE]

Congratulations! The larger balcony sounds great :)

PS - we're sailing the same day as you but on the Oasis - no assignment yet. I live in hope!

[quote name='ShipRiders'][SIZE=3]Since this is a long thread and people are waiting various times for their cabin assignments, I would like to make a suggestion............[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]When you get your assignment please post what guarantee cat you signed up for.........then what you were finally assigned.:D[/SIZE] [SIZE=3]No back tracking to try and figure it out.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]I like this thread![/SIZE][/quote]
Great suggestion, ShipRiders! It does get hard to keep track - but gives us all a place to share our excitement.

Bekka,
Hang in there!!! I am now 15 days out from our sail date --- no assignement yet on my Category W guarantee.

Cruiseatick,
According to your prediction... Starry Eyes and I should have our assignment in the morning... ;) ...for now, still patiently and happily waiting.

[quote name='Starry Eyes']Donna, any cruise is a lucky and happy event in my book, too. I love aft cabins and would consider any cruise in a aft cabin very lucky. Hopefully it will live up to the anticipation. Does Liberty have the new menus?

I'll be in Florida for a week pre cruise. I should have Internet and will post the outcome even if assigned at the port.[/QUOTE]

Agree, just glad I'm cruising and hopefully in better weather than this weekend!!

Will keep checking in. Good luck

Archived