How long have you waited for a 'guarantee' assignment & what kind of cabin?

SnappyNappi

[quote name='ShipRiders'][SIZE=3]Since this is a long thread and people are waiting various times for their cabin assignments, I would like to make a suggestion............[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]When you get your assignment please post what guarantee cat you signed up for.........then what you were finally assigned.:D[/SIZE] No back tracking to try and figure it out.

[SIZE=3]I like this thread![/SIZE][/QUOTE]
Great idea so here is my info: I booked a Cat W GTY (JS/suite) and got 1598 which is a JS but "obstructed view". From what I've read and seen on this board, it's not a big deal. Actually, it looks like it has a bigger balcony! Yeah!

And, as is my "Virgo" nature, I've already started packing. :rolleyes:

[quote name='fouremmetts']Great idea so here is my info: I booked a Cat W GTY (JS/suite) and got 1598 which is a JS but "obstructed view". From what I've read and seen on this board, it's not a big deal. Actually, it looks like it has a bigger balcony! Yeah!

And, as is my "Virgo" nature, I've already started packing. :rolleyes:[/quote]

[SIZE=3]Congrats! Your wait and anticipation is finally over:D [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Now if you could just add one more bit of information that goes along with this threads title............How long did you have to wait?:)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

Thank you and SnappyNappi for liking the suggestion.

I booked a D1 balcony guarantee on the Liberty, Nov. 10. Booked at 25 days before sailing, now 14 days out. I still have no assignment, and looking at that sailing, the balconies have all been sold out for days, and as of today, the only suite showing available is a Royal Family Suite. I'm thinking it's highly unlikely that I'd get that, but wondering how long the lag time is between when they take the last available cabins from being available, to assigning the guarantees.

Will keep you posted as to what I end up with!

We booked 3 GTY insides mid October for the Allure Inaugural and received 3 "larger interiors" but the bonus was they were in what I would consider the best location on Oasis/Allure (in fact I booked my following Oasis in the same area) AND 2 were side by side and the 3rd just a couple doors away :). We found out within a few days.

I had an GTY on Grandeur and received the assignment within 12 hours! Had booked that one in late Feb for April.

My next cruise has a GTY on already (200 days out $200 per stateroom less) and I'm tempted to jump on it but I'm afraid it was just a fluke that we got them so close last time and the 4 cabins would be all over the ship...AND I don't think I could handle not knowing for sooooo long lol

Sent from my Speak & Spell using Tapatalk

We booked an inside GTY dirt cheap cruise on the Monarch for January 11th about two weeks ago and received our assignment 8 days later. There were plenty of Q,N, and M category cabins, but we got assigned the highest category inside.

I wouldn't ordinarily book an inside cabin, much less a guarantee, but I'm very happy. We saved $70 and got a midship cabin on Deck 6 instead of a forward cabin on deck 2, all for $228 with taxes after the C&A coupon :D.

[quote name='cruiseatick']I predict you will all get your assignment Saturday morning when you wake up you all Will have grand suites or crown lofts[/QUOTE]

I was so hoping you'd be correct, cruisatick, especially about the GS/CL. But as yet no assignment at 14 days out. The waiting game continues...web shows no available JS, 5 GS, 14 CL....plenty of room for optimism.

[quote name='Beth C']We booked 3 GTY insides mid October for the Allure Inaugural and received 3 "larger interiors" but the bonus was they were in what I would consider the best location on Oasis/Allure (in fact I booked my following Oasis in the same area) AND 2 were side by side and the 3rd just a couple doors away :). We found out within a few days.

I had an GTY on Grandeur and received the assignment within 12 hours! Had booked that one in late Feb for April.

My next cruise has a GTY on already (200 days out $200 per stateroom less) and I'm tempted to jump on it but I'm afraid it was just a fluke that we got them so close last time and the 4 cabins would be all over the ship...AND I don't think I could handle not knowing for sooooo long lol

Sent from my Speak & Spell using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]That was a nice outcome on your previous gty booking. Does your party include minors or somebody else who needs a nearby cabin? If so, I would not risk it either. If all are independent adults, I might consider the gty. I have had decent luck (sometimes excellent) with Royal Caribbean gty assignments, so I am inclined to roll the dice again and again.

[quote name='cruiseatick']You will get your suites they are delay because of the storm .Iwill check back when we get back as we are bourd allure todayinour crown loft yea!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Safe travels to you. What a week to be on a cruise! And congrats on the CL.

I have 2 GTY cabins books for the 1/27 sailing of Allure. Booked about 120 days out and still have 91 or so days to go. One is a triple JS GTY and the other is a double neighborhood balcony GTY. We are taking my MIL on her 2nd cruise and also bringing our 2 kids. I keep checking as I hear that some people have been getting their assignments before final payment but that has never been the case for me. That's fine, though. Let the ship fill up some more before my assignment is given to me. We will be D+ on this cruise as well though I've heard this has no bearing on GTY assignments.

[quote name='Starry Eyes']That was a nice outcome on your previous gty booking. Does your party include minors or somebody else who needs a nearby cabin? If so, I would not risk it either. If all are independent adults, I might consider the gty. I have had decent luck (sometimes excellent) with Royal Caribbean gty assignments, so I am inclined to roll the dice again and again.[/QUOTE]

No minors in our Allure group... Just cruise newbies who were like minors getting lost all the time ;)

Sent from my Speak & Spell using Tapatalk

[quote name='cruiseatick']You will get your suites they are delay because of the storm .Iwill check back when we get back as we are bourd allure todayinour crown loft yea!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Have a fabulous time on Allure. I'd love to see a pic or two of your CL if you are willing to share.

[quote name='Beth C']No minors in our Allure group... Just cruise newbies who were like minors getting lost all the time ;)

Sent from my Speak & Spell using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

In the past on Oasis, some of the minors seemed better at finding their way than many adults;). maybe the same on Allure. One would think they'd have an easier time on a smaller ship like Grandeur. Either way, you will have some fun memories from you group cruises.

We are D+ and had a D7 Oceanview balcony booked on Allure for a January voyage. A new Guarantee balcony category popped up several weeks ago for about $250 less than what we paid. We changed to the guarantee and three days later they assigned our new cabin - another D7 but is a slightly different location. This was before final payment. We're happy campers!

[quote name='zuggie']We are D+ and had a D7 Oceanview balcony booked on Allure for a January voyage. A new Guarantee balcony category popped up several weeks ago for about $250 less than what we paid. We changed to the guarantee and three days later they assigned our new cabin - another D7 but is a slightly different location. This was before final payment. We're happy campers![/QUOTE]

Sweet. And a $250 savings. Since you are in the US, you could probably move to another D7 if one you like better or becomes available...maybe even your old one;).

[quote name='cruiseatick']You will get your suites they are delay because of the storm .Iwill check back when we get back as we are bourd allure today in our crown loft yea!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

CRUISEATICK,
Safe travels to you! No doubt that Sandy has everyone going a bit nuts and everything will be back on track as soon as she is gone and this weekend/week is all in order. We are bracing ourselves and prepping here in New Jersey where we are expecting a nearly direct hit from this storm. Sandy is being referred to here in NJ as 'Frankenstorm'.

Enjoy your trip and your "suite" loft cabin!

[quote name='SnappyNappi']CRUISEATICK,
Safe travels to you! No doubt that Sandy has everyone going a bit nuts and everything will be back on track as soon as she is gone and this weekend/week is all in order. We are bracing ourselves and prepping here in New Jersey where we are expecting a nearly direct hit from this storm. Sandy is being referred to here in NJ as 'Frankenstorm'.

Enjoy your trip and your "suite" loft cabin![/QUOTE]

Penny, they are calling it 'Frankenstorm' on stations all the way over here in the Midwest...Nothing compared to what you face on the coast, but showing the power of the storm, 50 MPH winds are predicted all the way here in WI.

Please know people far away are hoping the storm weakens or turns away from you. Take care and stay safe.

[quote name='Starry Eyes']Penny, they are calling it 'Frankenstorm' on stations all the way over here in the Midwest...Nothing compared to what you face on the coast, but showing the power of the storm, 50 MPH winds are predicted all the way here in WI.

Please know people far away are hoping the storm weakens or turns away from you. Take care and stay safe.[/quote]
Hey Wendy,
Off thread topic... Where I live in Northern New Jersey, we were hit REALLY BAD last year by Irene - many homes destroyed and condemned - 14 families that live on the river a 1/2 mile from me lost their homes completely when the damn up-stream from us burst and others are STILL rebuilding. It was very sad and our town is bracing to get hit by Sandy now - they are saying this will be worse than Irene here and it has everyone very tense here today. Schools, government offices and businesses are already cancelled for the next 2 days and our governor already declared a state of emergency to prepare and keep as many people home as possible.

If you are following this thread and are in the way of Sandy, please take care and be safe!

[quote name='SnappyNappi']Hey Wendy,
Off thread topic... Where I live in Northern New Jersey, we were hit REALLY BAD last year by Irene - many homes destroyed and condemned - 14 families that live on the river a 1/2 mile from me lost their homes completely when the damn up-stream from us burst and others are STILL rebuilding. It was very sad and our town is bracing to get hit by Sandy now - they are saying this will be worse than Irene here and it has everyone very tense here today. Schools, government offices and businesses are already cancelled for the next 2 days and our governor already declared a state of emergency to prepare and keep as many people home as possible.

If you are following this thread and are in the way of Sandy, please take care and be safe![/QUOTE]
I pray the storm weakens and turns away from our populous areas. It will be quadruply sad if this storm menaces people still trying to recovering from another storm.

Hi everyone, I've been watching from the sidelines for the past few days and this thread is great! Keep up the good work and i look forward to hearing what cabins you are assigned!!
I have a few questions:
I am from the UK, Do the same rules apply? e.g. if you are assigned a cabin you are unhappy with, can i still swap for another cabin in that category? And if i book a cheap guarantee (say, an inside room) and there is a sale on the balcony guarantee rooms for the same price i paid on the inside room, can i still request the upgrade?
Any advice on the different rules for the UK booking system will be much appreciated!

We are hoping to book our 2nd cruise on the Liberty soon for the summer and want to be clued up this time before we book!

Thanks in advance,

Sarah

[quote name='Riggy84']Hi everyone, I've been watching from the sidelines for the past few days and this thread is great! Keep up the good work and i look forward to hearing what cabins you are assigned!!
I have a few questions:
I am from the UK, Do the same rules apply? e.g. if you are assigned a cabin you are unhappy with, can i still swap for another cabin in that category? And if i book a cheap guarantee (say, an inside room) and there is a sale on the balcony guarantee rooms for the same price i paid on the inside room, can i still request the upgrade?
Any advice on the different rules for the UK booking system will be much appreciated!
We are hoping to book our 2nd cruise on the Liberty soon for the summer and want to be clued up this time before we book!
Thanks in advance,
Sarah[/QUOTE]Hi Sarah. since I am in the US, I am not an expert on UK rules. From what I have read on these boards, I gather that UK bookings often have nonrefundable deposits and also change fees. So, if a cheaper cabin prices pops up after you book in UK, you may be hit with a cancel fee before you could rebook a cheaper room. If you wish to upgrade your cabin, you may have to pay a change fee...from some threads it sounds like the fee might increase with each change:eek:. If you are even allowed to do so, you would like have to pay a change fee to change your gty assignment. I hope somebody more expert in UK bookings will pipe up and correct any and all errors I have made.

That make UK bookings sound disadvantages, but OTOH I have heard of times when UK or Europeans qualify for better rates. I think they get greater consumer protections. when those do not offer value, I have the impression that some people from your side of the pond book with US agencies.

Ok thanks for the info. It sounds like that might be the case, sounds like something us British people would do!! But if anyone has any first hand experience of this then please let me know.
Can you book with a US agency from the UK then?

[quote name='Riggy84']Ok thanks for the info. It sounds like that might be the case, sounds like something us British people would do!! But if anyone has any first hand experience of this then please let me know.
Can you book with a US agency from the UK then?[/QUOTE]
I am not sure why the rules are different for different countries...maybe it is a response to laws. maybe a response to consumer expectations. Maybe whatever the market will bear. Your extra consumer protections sound nice; Americans traditionally seem expect less in that arena.

I think I recall British people on these boards saying they book through US agencies. Of course, take that with a grain of salt....my memory is admittedly imperfect and some other people delight in posting inaccurate stuff on boards. You might try the search function to see if you can find UK specific info. if that does not work, start a new thread; your countrymen are more likely to see a separate thread.

My cabin assignment came today. I could barely believe my eyes when I saw it. We got a Crown Loft Suite (L2):D. Certainly the nicest cabin we have ever had. Royal Caribbean, thank you for the upgrade.

Per ship rider's suggestion, here is my summary:

We upgraded to a W (JS gty) about 60 days before our November cruise on Oasis. We were assigned an L2 eleven days before the cruise.

Edit: Oops...I had to make a correction, it is an L2.

Archived