Parisian Countryside by Rail/12 nt. Med cruise

My BF and I are considering the Parisian Countryside by Rail Cruisetour which includes the 12 day Med. Cruise on the Grand Princess from Barcelona to Venice... I thought it was odd to see no one talking about this tour and no reviews on it?

Has anyone done the cruise and/or that particular cruisetour beforehand? We are thinking ahead for our honeymoon, for those who have done it would it be good honeymooners? (Although, how can Europe and a cruise not be?!?):D

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

WBC :)

Took a variation of that, after a trans-Atlantic, Buenos Aires Argentina to Barcelona Spain on the late great Royal Princess, 3-98.

After a hotel stay in Barcelona, bussed up the coast to the Spanish/French border, where we boarded a train to Paris, with another hotel stay, where we visited with daughter, an expat then living in Paris. The reason for the bus trip to the border - Spanish rail is different guage than France. (Think Spanish is meter guage, while France is standard 4'8 1/2".)

Enjoyed the train trip and French countryside, although it did make for a long day, hotel to hotel.

My DW and I took the Pacific Princess from Venice to Barcelona on our honeymoon 10yrs ago. I assume they are probably the same only backwards. And went to France last summer for three weeks. You will have a great trip. The beauty of cruising the Med is that you'll expereince a lot of different city's, some you'll want to back to (like Rome and Venice) and some you wont (like Athens) (IMHO).

France was very exciting, not sure where in France you would go, but my favorite parts were Paris, Normandy, Loire Valley (castle district) and the South of France. If Sarlot is on your itenerary, it's a must see! Very old (think medieval)

Hope you have a great trip and a happy honymoon!

Ron

Archived