Transportation back to San Antonio from Galveston

06mike

Greetings!

Does anyone know of transportation options directly back to San Antonio from Galveston after arriving back from a RCI cruise. In particular, the November transatlantic from Rome to Galveston on the Mariner. We need two seats and so far have not found anything except travelling to Houston and them transferring to airplane/bus options.

What we have done is to drive to Houston a day early and fly to (in our case it was Barcelona) from there. We stayed at a hotel close to IAH that allowed us to park there and provided shuttle service to the airport. When we returned we took the RCL shuttle to IAH and called the hotel to pick us up and then drove home.

Unfortunately there is no "directly back" to SA unless you have a VERY good friend who will pick you up at the pier and drive you home!

We are going from our Galveston cruise to a conference in San Antonio in February. Enterprise is the only rental agency I could find in Galveston. We got a one way rental to San Antonio. I booked through Costco travel and got a really good rate! They don't "pick you up" in this location so we will need to take a quick cab ride to Enterprise when we disembark....

I looked into getting transportation to hobby for the rental but it was cheaper to get the car in Galveston.

Sunday you won't find any rental car places open and most close at noon on Saturday so picking up is impossible. There is a small airport on the island, but nobody major flies out of there. You might be able to find a small puddle jumper, but no idea what the cost might be. In March, we flew into HOB and hired a driver to take us to the island. Cost was reasonable. When we came back we booked the ships transfer to HOB.

Megabus runs between Houston and San Antonio, but they have luggage restrictions. One piece of luggage max of 50 pounds with size restrictions. You could catch a shuttle to take you to the pick up place for Megabus.

I'd try to find a friend from San Antonio and buy them a tank of gas and lunch.

Megabus runs between Houston and San Antonio, but they have luggage restrictions. One piece of luggage max of 50 pounds with size restrictions. You could catch a shuttle to take you to the pick up place for Megabus.

I'd try to find a friend from San Antonio and buy them a tank of gas and lunch.

Megabus runs from downtown, I haven't seen any other pickup locations.

Archived