Anyone NOT get same wait staff w/ MTD??

skibyrd

Yes... On Brilliance, we made reservations for the same time every night. We had the same wait staff. I noticed that all of the passengers around us in the 2-top on up to the 10-top tables were the same people every night as well.

On the Allure, we showed up at random times. I also was adamant about not getting a crappy table (a table near the door or the service station). When they tried to give me the same crappy table again, I said no way. We ended up getting seated in a different section. The same thing happened on the last night, so we were in a different section again. I made my requests as we checked in for dinner, yet they still tried to lead me to the crappy table.

So I think the combination of arriving at different times and being picky at the table caused us to have different waitstaff. If you are happy with your times and seating after the first night, I would imagine that you'd be in the same section.

Just our experience, but last year on the freedom we were told by the maitre'd that if we arrived around the same time every night and told her or the person seating us who our servers were they would seat us in their section if possible.

We arrived around 7:30-7:45 every evening and had the same servers the entire 7 days. It probably depends on the amount of people they have to seat/what ship you are on and all that but they try to keep you with the same staff if possible I believe. About the fifth night in we got placed in a different section by the person seating us and we sat down not noticing off hand. The servers came over and kind of had that 'who are you' look and I imagine we did as well. They corrected it very quickly and got us to the right section.

I would check with the maitre'd when you board and inform them of your wishes and see what he or she says.

Based on a comment from our waitress, I'd assume it's set up that you get the same server every night.

We only ate in MDR twice for dinner during our 5-night cruise shortened by Tropical Storm Isaac a few weeks ago. We had the same waitress and assistant waiter both times (not consecutive nights). On the next-to-last night of the cruise, we ordered an extra entree so we could sample it ... it was a chickpea curry. As she cleared our plates she asked how our dinner was. We told her that although everything was good, we LOVED the curry the best. She offered to have the chef specially-prepare a chicken curry entree for us to enjoy the following night. I'm sure she wouldn't have done this if she couldn't be sure shed be our waitress the next night.

So of course this isn't proof of how things work, it's what we scientist-types would call suggestive evidence.

We had MTD on freedom. Liked out table for 2 the first night and asked to have it all week at our reservation time of 7:45. We didn't always get it.One night got in the area close to our waiter and he waited on us even though it wasn't his table. So don't count on always getting the same table and waiter.I know it is hard to always work it out for MTD but they try.

On the Freedom this past July we requested the same table and servers. On the last night someone had our table, they put us at a table across from our requested table with different servers. We simply requested to have our same servers and our request was honored.

Archived