Summit to Bermuda, 9-2-12 ** LONG **with photos

librarylady19

Sandi, thank you so much for the time taken to write your review. It's much appreciated. I'm glad you enjoyed your trip. Based on your experience, would you cruise on the summit again?

Thanks! I actually have another cruise booked on Summit (SS 6145 no less!) but plan to cancel it in favor of the Silhouette cruise the same week. i definitely prefer the southern Caribbean ports that Summit sails to, but the lure of a new S class ship is too enticing.

I would sail Summit again for the itinerary but not the Bermuda route. We really prefer to sail out of Florida. No disrespect to New Yorkers, but we have the city experience close by in Chicago and I prefer traveling somewhere warm in the winter to escape the cold;) and it gives me a chance to visit my son in Tampa.

Hi Sandi,

Thanks for your detailed review! We have sailed Summit three times - all pre renovation so was nice to see the changes. We will be on her again next Sept for a New England/Canada cruise.

By chance did you take photos of the Blu Wine List? we were on Silhoutte last October in Aqua but I assume the list has had some changes since then.

Thanks again,

Richard

Hi Sandi,

Thanks for your detailed review! We have sailed Summit three times - all pre renovation so was nice to see the changes. We will be on her again next Sept for a New England/Canada cruise.

By chance did you take photos of the Blu Wine List? we were on Silhoutte last October in Aqua but I assume the list has had some changes since then.

Thanks again,

Richard

Hi Richard,

Sorry, I did not get any photos of the wine list. We had the premium beverage package and were only looking at the wines by the glass anyway. Have to say that sommelier service in Blu was a bit spotty...they only had one person handling this. He often just left the entire bottle of wine on the table so he didnt have to come back again.

We are inviting a few of our Cruise Critic members and readers to be among the first to participate and have a chance to have their Celebrity vacation and destination images and videos shared with the rest of the world.

We’re admirers of some of the photos and stories you’ve shared. Today, we’ve launched Celebrity Cruises Storybook hosted on our Celebrity Cruises Facebook Page.

Please take a look at http://on.fb.me/QVlbwI and click on Add Your Story. Follow the simple instructions. We’ll review the content and your Celebrity Cruises story could be shared with others and possibly used in our marketing materials.

Thanks for your participation and being such a strong supporter of our brand.

All the best……Brian

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I enjoyed it thoroughly and have now added Bermuda to my list! We sailed on the Summit in April 2011 before it was upgraded and it was interesting seeing some of the differences. We have only travelled with Celebrity on the Summit (which we really enjoyed and got us hooked to cruising) but we have booked an 11 night on the Equinox in March so I am looking forward to seeing the difference on an 'S' class ship. Thanks again.

Ruth

Hi Sandi:

We are sailing the Summit in January and are spoiled by the lovely libraries on HAL. Is the Summit library okay? Decent number of books or should I pack a lot?

Thank you,

Tina

Hi Tina,

The library on Summit is pretty small and not that inviting IMO. I did pop in for a look (it's my duty as a librarian!) but I bring along a Kindle fully stocked with a selection of books (most of which I didn't have time to read:(). Highly recommend eReaders so you don't have to rely on what might be in the library.

• 4 weeks later...

Sandi, I know I'm late to the party, but still wanted to chime in and tell you how much I enjoyed this read and your pictures. What a wonderfully well-balanced review.

Thank you!

Also, thanks so much for maintaining the stateroom spreadsheet. I have looked at it numerous times. You are fab!

Archived