Carnival Destiny B2B Epic Review! Tons of Pics, Menus, Food, FunTimes, & Documents!!!

dvdkndy

This day was an overcast day so we did not stay to long for the sail away party.

file-1582.jpg

file-1776.jpg

This cruise there was definitely more party types on the ship. It is amazing how different the clientele can be for each cruise. Check out the drink this guy was holding!

file-2119.jpg

file-450.jpg

Hi David - Loving your review! (and loving the weather here this week too - isn't it gorgeous out? :D) Quick question - did you notice if the ship's pools were open during turnaround day? We're trying to decide whether to plan a day out in Miami, or just hang out and enjoy the pool that day. Thanks! :)

Great weather for this time of year for sure!

The pools were closed for the breakfast hours but were open fairly quick after that. Just my opinion so take it with a grain of salt but don't get off the ship. It is cool having the run of the place and you will not have to worry about fighting the lines trying to get back on the ship. Do what we did and check Miami out when you get off the ship for good. Miami will always be there to see but that ship will only be there for so long. Enjoy all of the ship while you can. Again just an opinion.

That night for dinner, my wife tries the escargot for her starter. For our main course she had the chicken and I tried the pork steak. For dessert you can guess what she had and I tired the black forest cake. This week on the cruise, we did not take menu pictures as they were the exact same as the previous week.

file-290.jpg

file-1046.jpg

file-1891.jpg

file-1256.jpg

After dinner, we strolled along the deck and watched a beautiful sunset.

file-218.jpg

file-1954.jpg

Then we went to the Palladium Lounge for game show mania. I played last week and my wife wanted to give it a try this week. Luckily she was picked to play but came in second place. I am not going to take any time here to brag about the fact that when I played I came in 1st. It does not matter what her score was that night because she is always in 1st place in my book!

file-1555.jpg

That night we literally crashed and burned. We slept great but I definitely missed sleeping with the balcony door open. All things considered, we were still having the time of our lives.

Edited by dvdkndy
Left something out...

We woke up after having a nice day of sleeping in and went to breakfast again in the MDR. This is on of the few breakfast times that I brought my camera. I could go for some of that french toast right about now!!!

file-349.jpg

After breakfast we went to the Lido to see what was happening. We ran into Wil, Cherl, Sam, & Anna and basically hung around with them for the day. We swam in the pool, had lunch together, and made our mark on the water slide! It was great fun!

Wil and Cherl

file-525.jpg

Sam and Anna

file-1913.jpg

David and Alicia

file-2232.jpg

file-1300.jpg

file-2085.jpg

While we were eating lunch, we all decided to hook up together for shore excursions in Cayman and Jamaica. We all decided what would be best and decided to do the Bobsled and DRF in Jamaica and then do the Sting Ray and Rum Pointe excursion in Cayman. After going to guest services and booking everything we were thrilled to have our week planned out with our friends.

Booking our excursions

file-2441.jpg

Alicia and I decided we would book our excursion through the kiosks that they have set up throughout the ship. It was a piece of cake!

Here are some pics of the kiosks you can use to book your shore excursions and the pictures of the screens as we went along. Enjoy! This is the stuff that I get a kick out of people post on CC! Who thinks to take screen pics of the koisk???

file-1408.jpg

file-807.jpg

file-1253.jpg

file-821.jpg

After hanging out with our friends literally all day by the pool and the deck, it was now time to head to dinner. We went before dinner and had our pictures taken with the photographers, as this was our last formal night of our cruise. We did not end up purchasing the photos but it was cool to look at them and see how they turned out. We also stopped by and had our picture taken with the new captain and the new cruise director, Tex.

file-1478.jpg

Here are the 4x6 card that the photographers gave us as we left their photo stations.

file-390.jpg

file-895.jpg

For dinner my wife had the strawberry bisque and absolutely loved it! She said it was much like a smoothie. If I remember correctly, she had more than one of these.

file-793.jpg

While on the cruise, we stuck with Francisco and Gusti for our waiters. They were awesome and remembered our little quirks and likes. One thing that I love is pepper! I love dumping a lot of pepper on my food to give it a little spice. I don't like a ton of heat on my food and black pepper is usually plenty of spice for me. After seeing how much pepper I use, Francisco began to get curious and ask about my liking of pepper. He told me he likes spicy stuff on his food too. He began to tell me about his culture and how he puts a special sauce on his food that gives it a spice. I simply replied "sounds really good" and then he told me that he would bring me some on formal night. This is a photo of it and it is called "Rachel Masala". It is spicy and has a little vinegar taste to it as well. I spread in on my prime rib like butter and then poured the au jus on top of that. It was absolutely incredible. More importantly, I was more blown away by his willingness to share his culture with me.

The secret spice courtesy of Francisco!!!

file-1532.jpg

file-1480.jpg

Here are our two favorite guys! They made our cruise very memorable and gave us excellent service every time we stopped by for dinner. I introduce to you, Francisco on the right, and Gusti on the left!!!

file-1963.jpg

file-1313.jpg

Shoot from the upper level of the MDR.

file-553.jpg

After dinner, we met up with our friends from the roll call....again....and hung out with them for the night. We sat around talking, laughing, and looking forward to the next day in Jamaica.

file-1789.jpg

We also decided to stop by and take a photograph of the 3 couples together. Yes we know we are too big for this setting but even now I look at that picture and great things come to mind. We truly made life-long friends on this cruise!

file-746.jpg

We went to head back to the room and for once we snapped a photo of a towel animal.

file-1654.jpg

That night we tucked ourselves in bed and slept great. We were anxiously looking forward to our next day in Jamaica!!!

When we woke up, we were still a little distance from Jamaica. I took my wife down to Deck 7 and showed her the secret deck and could see Jamaica in the distance.

To get to the secret deck, go to deck 7 and then to the port side of the ship. Walk all the way down towards the front of the ship until you get to the end of the hallway.

file-2055.jpg

When you get to the end, go through the exit door to your left. Don't worry, no alarms or anything will sound.

file-517.jpg

file-614.jpg

There you will find a wide open deck that will hardly ever see any passengers.

file-2289.jpg

file-394.jpg

Looking into the bridge and at the captain!

file-2101.jpg

We had breakfast in the dining room and then we went to the Lido and waited to see people getting off the ship. We decided to meet our group at the excursion check-in at the end of the pier. Of all the stops that we made on our B2B cruise, this stop definitely takes the award for most hassle to get off the ship. I am not complaining, I am just saying that out of all the stops, this took the longest to get off the ship. Just check out the line on deck 5 to get to deck 0.

file-334.jpg

file-811.jpg