Laundry..

Veneerdds

How many of you have done laundry on board ship???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I have not done laundry myself but asked this same question a few days ago. It is $3 to wash and $3 to dry. 2-3 washers and dryers in each laundry room. Least crowded time to do laundry is early am or late pm. They sell laundry soap on board, no one said how much but most recommended you bring Purex Complete 3 in 1. They look like a dryer fabric softener sheet but they have a detergent, fabric softener and anti static built right in. You toss them in the washer to wash clothes then toss it in the dryer to soften and anti static your clothes. Hope this helps! :D

I can't remember exactly how much it was, but it was really, really reasonable and well worth it. We basically just threw our dirties into the paper laundry bag provided in the closet that morning and by that evening, our clean items were returned in another clean, paper laundry bag. Nothing was missing, socks were paired, unmentionables were accounted for...no bells or whistles...no embarrassment, nothing.

By the way, paying for that service sure beats having to sit around and monitor the laundry room all afternoon - at least we can enjoy our cruise without having to do chores on the side.

I'll definitely be partaking in this service in November...our vacation starts 3 days before our cruise and continues 3 days after. That's a lot of unnecessary packing when we can just have it all cleaned midway through. Nothing sucks like running out of clean underwear 2 days before the end!! :eek:

We have done both... self service and sent it out.

When I sent it out the last four times... I roll the clothes very tight and pack the bag by alternating vert. and hort... all in one bag... usually get four bags back. lol

Cathy

Can any of you seasoned cruisers tell me which decks or where the self-serve laundry is on Valor?

I've only sailed HAL and they had the laundry service. Everyone warned that they only use hot water - be careful! Our laundry came back in great shape and folded nicely and nothing shrunk!

Although our next cruise is only 7 days, I know my DD will want to do some laundry - and won't want to pay for CCL's service - as she is very particular. So, I'm wondering if the self-serve is going to be handy to where our staterooms are.

Thanks!

Pat

We have never. We also don't pack any formal clothes ( I don't even pack any long pants). We pack ( all 3 of us) a carry on overhead baggage suitcase and beach bag or backpack per person to avoid any checked luggage. No fees from airport and no need for porters. We even arrive at the initial port city a day early and stay a day late for a total of 9 days. The daughter lives in her 2 swimsuits most days when not in ports, and we tend to wear most items twice, all the clothes match, any shirt will go with any pants/shorts. We wear one pair of shoes and take along one other pair per person.

This has always worked for us...yes we go home with all dirty laundry, but save $$

Can any of you seasoned cruisers tell me which decks or where the self-serve laundry is on Valor?

I

Although our next cruise is only 7 days, I know my DD will want to do some laundry - and won't want to pay for CCL's service - as she is very particular. So, I'm wondering if the self-serve is going to be handy to where our staterooms are.

Thanks!

Pat

Riviera across from staterooms: 1357 and 1359

Main across from staterooms: 2365 and 2367

Upper across from staterooms: 6385 and 6387

Empress across from staterooms: 7337 and 7339

Veranda across from staterooms: 8349 and 8351

Cheers

dk

We prefer to do longer cruises and back 2 backs so, yes, we do laundry on board. I'd dislike being on a ship without a self-serve laundry.

Carnival's self-service is pricey, $3 to wash, $3 to dry, more than twice the price on HAL and HAL provided detergent because they only wanted eco-friendly. I will bring Pruex 3 in 1s on our next cruise but may use Carnival's per bag offer if it's close to the price of the self-serve. 2 loads will be $12 and if it's only $15 a bag I'll send a bag out and do some delicates by hand. I'm told that if you lay the bag flat on the bed and roll the clothes tight you can get a lot in thst little bag without tearing it. m--

My sister frequently stays on the ship rather than going ashore and she finds this time to be the least busy in the laundry.

The dryers are very large and can accomodate 2 washer loads.

She also doesn't feel the need to guard the cloths either. She will start the washers (1 box of Tide powder is $1, the softener is liquid so we just bring bounce sheets) and then go down to the promenade by the midship stairs to read for 30 minutes. The dryers have timers on them, and I think they take around 45 minutes.

Riviera across from staterooms: 1357 and 1359

Main across from staterooms: 2365 and 2367

Upper across from staterooms: 6385 and 6387

Empress across from staterooms: 7337 and 7339

Veranda across from staterooms: 8349 and 8351

Cheers

dk

Thank YOU, DK1!!

We only did the self-service once and my "unmentionables" were taken while in the washing machine. It freaked me out that someone went through the entire load to pull out those particular items! So for the second load I parked myself in the laundry room to make sure the rest of what I had didn't also disappear. So I haven't wanted to do that again. One other time we sent out the paper bag full of laundry for $15. That worked out well. We didnt have to take the time to monitor the laundry room. As I try to pack lighter each cruise (that's a big TRY), I will do the $15 bag again if necessary.

Archived