I'm almost on a boat and what a weird coincidence....

Brittasbay

So yesterday I am at work, super excited as it was my last day before my vacation starts :D (not rubbing it in, just super happy it is my time to go)

I just started this new job in May and was super glad they worked with me so my DH and I could do our yearly jaunt on the Fascination. So I am working, helping folks in crisis, just doing my job when a coworker messages me via our online chat software. She asks me if it is true I am going on vacation tomorrow and tells me she is taking some days off too. Then she messages me that she is going on her first cruise and heard I was going on one too. She of course asked about the experience and what to expect. I ask her what ship she is on and she tells me she can't remember the name but it is going out of Jacksonville on the 20th of September. I was in shock as I told her, we are on the same ship, the Fascination!

What a small world! She was so excited because now she has me, a "veteran" of cruising, to hang out with on the ship. She and I are licensed associate professional counselors so we work very hard helping others and don't always put ourselves first. It will be neat to share some experiences with her on her first cruise and buy her a DOD :D:o:D Plus I will have someone to karaoke with as DH wouldn't be caught dead doing that! :rolleyes:

Wow, what a fun coincidence for you. I'm sure you'll have a great time.

I, on the other hand, would have a "oh no" moment if someone from my work was on my ship. Why? I work in the IT department; god help me if they decide to bring their work laptop :). CaribbeanLuver, this is probably where your comment comes in.

That's pretty cool! I'm a flight attendant and met a girl who was also a flight attendant for my airline in the pool on my Imagination cruise 2 years ago. It's definitely a small world. Have fun, enjoy karaoke, and bring us back a picture review! :)

I could run into a coworker on the ship and not even know it. I work from home mostlly and when I do go into the office there are over 1,000 of us in the building so I don't know most of my coworkers. :)

Sounds like this was a good coincidence for you though. Have fun tomorrow!

woo hoo!

Enjoy your cruise.

Although I cannot imagine someone not being soooo dang excited about their cruise they do not know which ship it is lol. :eek:

I'm glad you and your co worker get along. I took a friend with me once on a trip and regretted it...NEVER EVER again would I bring this particular person with me again. It got to the point that I stopped answering my phone. We had our own hotel rooms.

But I am jealous that you are leaving on your cruise and I still have a long time to wait.

On our first cruise one other guy in our group and I were standing on the top deck of the ship as we entered the port of Miami coming back. We joked that we hated to go back to Michigan to freeze. A guy standing next to us ask what part of Michigan we were from. He laughed and said that he lived in a town 7 miles from us.

Several times we have cruised and afterward found out that somebody that we know had a friend/relative or somebody that they know on the same cruise.

Year before last my son was sent to the nurse after losing a tooth during the week before spring break. We cruise for spring break. Being 6 he was super excited and was talking to the nurse about going on a cruise. As it turned out 22 teachers from my sons school was on the same cruise.

We cruised out of Port Canaveral and went a day early to check out the Kennedy space center and DH posted on facebook that we were there when one of his friends from high school posted they were at coco beach did we want to meet up for dinner. Yep they were on the cruise also. We still cruised just us but it was fun running into them stopping and chatting for a sec and then moving on.

If it was someone I did not like I would just let them know we were trying to reconnect as a couple or as a family that we hoped they had fun and keep going.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Cruise to Alaska on the Spirit in 2010, about day 5, dh and I were sitting in one of the lounging areas. He had a t-shirt on that had "Dime Box, Texas" on it. Guy sitting a few chairs away asked if he was from there or just bought the shirt. dh replied that he grew up there, asked where the guy was from, if he knew where Dime Box was. He was from Texas. DH asked what town - the guy replied Smithville. Turns out he lived on the next street over from us, out in the country!! Talked to him and his wife for a while, both surprised by the coincidence.

It is a small world... My friend and fellow cruiser took a trip to China earlier this year and when in Beijing actually bumped into the lady who owns the local Chinese take-out in Ft Lauderdale that she frequents. My friend said she didn't even recognize her at first, but the lady recognized her immediately and was like, "You always get the chicken fried rice." LOL.

Two years ago while out walking our dog in the middle of a cold January day, Our next door neighbor came out and we were just discussing the cold snowy weather. Then he remark that it was wonderful to be heading out on a cruise in a couple of weeks. We were also set to go on a cruise during the same time period. Yes, turns out same ship, same cruise.

Archived