Paradise Reviews???

17andacruiseaddict

I have never been on the Paradise and I'm booked on a little four day cruise in December. Since I know it's one of the older ships, I want to see pics and read reviews of it. I've already looked at the same 10 pics Carnival and other sites have posted. I would like to see and hear about more parts on the ship. Sooo if anybody knows of some good ones, can you post the link here please?

I have never been on the Paradise and I'm booked on a little four day cruise in December. Since I know it's one of the older ships, I want to see pics and read reviews of it. I've already looked at the same 10 pics Carnival and other sites have posted. I would like to see and hear about more parts on the ship. Sooo if anybody knows of some good ones, can you post the link here please?

HI Robyn

I just got back from the BEST week ever on the Paradise ! the staff was wonderful ! the food was great ! the entertainment fantastic ! the cabins were clean, bright and quiet once the door was closed no matter who was up and around ! not a single complaint at all. it was a BLAST ! my first cruise and have 2 more booked because it was so good !!!!!

I was just on the Paradise a few weeks ago...have sailed her sister ships,the Sensation and Inspiration but loved the Paradise the best. The ship is very clean and the crew very friendly...food great ESP in the MDR..you will have a great time..we discovered Paradise Beach in Cozumel...free and beautiful...gonna sneak in another short cruise on her early next year!

So nothing really giving away that it's an older ship? It's my boyfriend's first cruise so he will love whatever ship. I just want to make sure I'm happy with it too. I'm glad to hear you had a great time! :) It gives me high hopes. I'm sure I'll have fun no matter what since I love cruising and I'll be with him :D Do you have any pics of the ship?

So nothing really giving away that it's an older ship? It's my boyfriend's first cruise so he will love whatever ship. I just want to make sure I'm happy with it too. I'm glad to hear you had a great time! :) It gives me high hopes. I'm sure I'll have fun no matter what since I love cruising and I'll be with him :D Do you have any pics of the ship?

We're leaving on Paradise in 34 days. I'll try to take some ship pictures :) There is a real lack of information, reviews and pictures on her.

We sailed her Memorial Day week, very easy to maneuver, good food and great staff, have fun. I did a review with pics, here ya go.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1645991

Happy Sailing,

Great review! Hubby and I were just in Cozumel a couple of weeks ago. Your pics look almost identical to ours!! I LOVE the Bar Hop. Great time and great scenery. I am on the Paradise in December. It looks like it has changed a lot since I was on her in 2003. Can't wait!!

My wife and I sailed on the Paradise in August and had a great time. While it is an older ship, the crew keeps it in pristine shape. Except for the dated decor, we would not have been able to tell it's age. The food in both the MDR and Lido is great, actually better than we had on our Feb cruise on Disney. The entertainment is outstanding. The only problems we had were the "box" Carnival has built in the corner of the stateroom. If you have the bed made up as a queen, the person sleeping on the outside can not walk around the bed, but must crawl over the bottom, a real pain in the ###.On debark from the ship in Tampa, we went to the public rooms as directed to await our number to be called. For some reason, Carnival chose this time to play rap music over the public address system, at ear splitting levels, making it impossible to hear the debark announcements. Finally, a Carnival employee came into the lounge and told us it was time to leave.Other than this we had no complaints.

Hey cruiseaddict, I know what you mean about the lack of pictures!! We are on the Paradise at the end of Oct and I've looked at everything I could find online so far. There are a couple of youtube videos here and there and you can read some reviews on the cc review board. I'll post pictures for sure when we get back so keep checking cc the first week in November.

We sailed her Memorial Day week, very easy to maneuver, good food and great staff, have fun. I did a review with pics, here ya go.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1645991

Happy Sailing,

Thanks everybody for your positive comments on the Paradise. @Keystonemama, your pics were awesome! They really helped to convince me that even though the Paradise is an older ship, it is still a VERY good looking ship. I have no doubt that me and the bf will have a great cruise. He will love it.

89 more days! Although this will be my 19th cruise, I'm just as excited as if it were my first! Can't wait to expire it. I'm excited that it has a different layout than the Conquest class ships. If you've been on one of those, you've pretty much been on them all.

Maybe I'll get a good answer in this thread since it's Paradise-specific.... I sleep with a breathing machine and was wondering where the power outlet is in the Paradise interior staterooms? I believe it's by the desk, but I'm wondering if that's near the head of the bed or if that's on the other side of the room in this particular ship?

• 1 month later...

Just back from the Oct 25-29 cruise on the Paradise. Found her to be a great ship - older but not worn. I ended up taking far fewer pictures of the ship than I planned or I would post them here. I think we spent more time having fun than thinking about having a camera with us. It was a great cruise, even with the rough waters coming home.

If anyone has specific questions - feel free to ask, I'll answer if I can.

We like the Paradise and her turquoise eggs.

The one problem with the Fantasy class ships is the lobby in front of the Aft MDR. It is small and gets extrememly crowded, think sardines. We wait in the bar upstairs on 9 and watch through the staircase. We will wait a minute for the crowd to leave.

BrentD- Bring an extension cord with you.

I too, agree with the majority of the folks above. "Paradise" is amazingly good, with fantastic crew, excellent food, outstanding service, and just an overall very, very good cruise. I sailed her just a few weeks ago, for a five day, and have been looking ever since for another quickie cruise aboard "Paradise". Have no fear,,,you're going to have a super good cruise. :D

"SKY"

I've read there are no hair dryers in the cabins...comments?

I think that's true of most, if not all of the Fantasy class ships,,,,you can, however, ask the room steward for a hair dryer, and I think they'll bring you one to use while aboard.

"SKY"

Plan on alot of walking - the mid ship galley really messes with the flow when heading to dining rooms. It took a day to get used to having to go to deck 9 to get from one end of the ship to another. I'm doing a walking challenge for work and wore a pedometer all weekend. I was averaging about 6 miles a day :) All that walking sure helped to not gain the normal couple of pounds on this cruise.

• 2 months later...

Archived