ship time vs port time

2pineinn

In my experience NCL virtually always changes to local port time...BUT...it is up to the captain to make that decision and no one can guarantee what might happen in the future, so pay attention to the time change notices that will appear in the Freestyle Daily. Your cabin steward will also leave a card announcing time changes on your bed when it's turned down at night.

So far NCL is 3 for 3 on changing to local time - just make sure that your watch is set to ship time before you leave. The same holds true if you are using a cell phone as your timepiece - check to make sure that it matches ship time. BTW I do not believe that NCL leaves it up to the captain to make the choice.

So far NCL is 3 for 3 on changing to local time - just make sure that your watch is set to ship time before you leave. The same holds true if you are using a cell phone as your timepiece - check to make sure that it matches ship time. BTW I do not believe that NCL leaves it up to the captain to make the choice.

I can recall on (I believe) a Western Caribbean cruise where the ship didn't always follow local time because it would have required daily clock changes due to some of the countries being visited not observing Daylight Savings Time.

So, please don't make generalizations based on three cruises.

I can recall on (I believe) a Western Caribbean cruise where the ship didn't always follow local time because it would have required daily clock changes due to some of the countries being visited not observing Daylight Savings Time.

So, please don't make generalizations based on three cruises.

Good advice. We were on the Gem last week on the Canada itinerary. Corner Brook, NL was one of the ports and there was 30 minute difference there between ship's time and local time.

Archived