Animal Kingdom to Wonder?

Worfiedoodles

Hello!

My family is doing a land/sea package starting 8/25, and it is my understanding that we can spend our last "land" morning at the Animal Kingdom, and then a bus will pick us up there to take us to the Wonder.

If anyone has done this --

1) How long is the bus ride/boarding process?

2) Do we need to eat lunch at AK before we go?

3) Will there be clearly marked directions for where to be and when to use this service?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. This is our first stay on Disney property (Beach Club), and our first Disney Cruise!

Thanks!

can't help you too much since we drive but i see the buses there all the time you cannot miss them they are in the right parking lot clearly marked i think most people have breakfast at the rainforest cafe before leaving... might need to check on this but i know i talked to a friend and that is what they did..

once the bus is loaded it should only take an hour to get to the port.... depending on traffic... good luck and enjoy!!!!

Short answer:

1) Sorry, can't remember

2) No

3) We were given clear instructions where/when to meet bus

Long answer:

We did this a few years ago, and can't remember all the details, but it went something like this...

We signed up for this at the Contemporary Hotel where we were staying. We left our luggage outside our door (think is was that morning) and took our carry-on stuff with us to AK by bus. We were told to meet back at the main entrance to AK by a certain time, sorry, can't remember exactly when. There were lockers available for our carry-on stuff, so we didn't need to drag it around the park.

We had the optional character breakfast, spent some amount of time in the park, and met back at the entrance to meet the buses that were lined up to take us to the port. Again, can't remember what time, although I remember that when we got to the port we were able to check in and walk right onto the ship.

It was our first cruise, and didn't know what food would be available when we first boarded, so we did grab a small lunch at the park -- totally unnecessary (unless you're famished, and just can't wait). There are several opportunities for lunch on the ship so there is no need to spend more $ at AK for food.

Hope this helped...

Karen

Wonder 11/01

Magic 3/02

Magic 11/02

Carnival Destiny (don't ask) 12/03

Booked on Magic Eastbound Panama Canal 8/05

It sounds as though we will decide to either have a good breakfast or grab a very light snack.

I'm glad the buses will be easy to find. I'm probably paranoid, but I have this fear of missing the bus!

Thanks Again,

Maria

As Karen explained, you'll have no problem finding the Disney Cruise Line representatives or the bus.

You do not need to have lunch at the Animal Kingdom. Lunch will be served on the ship upon boarding. Since you will check-in for your entire vacation at the Beach Club, the process at the terminal will be clean and quick. Do make sure to keep swimsuits with you since your bags won't arrive at your stateroom for 2 - 3 hours after boarding.

The ride will take just over an hour. It's an easy drive from Animal Kingdom (Osceola Parkway to the Greenway to the Beeline). They will play a video for you that will have you anxious to get onboard.

Have a great time!

Either eat a late breakfast or have a snack. If memory serves, sometimes you don't get on the ship until 2ish, and then you go and overeat, and then you're too full for dinner.

That never seems to stop me though. :eek:

It is about an hours ride, and then a quick embarkation.

And as with everything Disney, you'll be directed on every step of the way. They make it soooooo easy.

When we did the WDW/Wonder pkg, we had a town car service we used. We don't use their services for transfers. Depending on how many in your party, sometimes it's cheaper and much nicer. They picked us up at the airport and brought us to the Dolphin where we stayed. We even stopped at the grocery store and bought groceries to save on $$$. Had breakfast in our room...packed lunch, snacks and drinks in our backpacks. Saved sooo much money that way. They check backpacks, but don't care if you have food or not.

Then they picked us up at a prearranged time out front the morning of our cruise. Was so nice cuz the buses leave later than we wanted to. So much easier and faster this way....quieter too. They showed up in a nice van with a dvd player and the kids we watched a movie on the way there. We were the first on the ship.

Have fun!

Archived