Where to Propose on Voyager

I like the photographer Idea.....tell him or her to be ready with the camera...you can just be standing there...getting ready for the shot - and then say "oh wait one second...the camera will be ready to go and then you take out the ring...and the moment will be captured in the photo.

Make sure you let us all know what you decided.

Blessings and all the best!

oh so many options but i still like the one about getting the cd involved maybe during the beginning of one of the parades or at the beginning of one of the shows- i'm sure becki would love to help. i just got off a week ago -she so friendly i'm sure she'll help- good luck and congratulations

Or maybe the front of the ship...

I do like that idea ... orrrr

If you're into this sort of thing:

when you're getting your pictures taken for formal night, tell the photographer what you're about to do (or make arrangements before hand), and so when you get down on your knees at the backdrop, her expression can be captured on film! :D

I'd love to have a picture of my expression. All I have is after the fact, when I'm already crying :rolleyes:

Thanks for all the great ideas. It is a toss-up whether to keep it very private, which is what I'd normally do. The cruise does change things somewhat... it offers a lot of opportunities to make it more fun. If my fiancee-to-be (hopefully) is anything, she is FUN. So, I will have to decide whether to include the CD or the photographers, waiters, etc. or do it alone on a deck under the stars.

Some of these ideas have been a pretty good cross between the two, such as utilizing a photographer, while proposing. I think that's a great idea, but I imagine we would have quite an audience, so I'm not sure.

But thanks everyone for all of your help. I haven't been this excited in a long time. Feels like being a kid again!

Jim

Blueice says - 'slip the ring into her drink'

Man; I did this and all the chrome came off...

Propose early in a memorable place and enjoy the whole cruise. Best wishes to you both.

I was talking last night to a friend who planned to propose in a huge planned out event on vacation, and ended up just blurting out "Marry me" while they were giggling over drinks when they first arrived at their hotel. It was NOTHING like he planned, but she loved it because it was just so "them". Whatever feels right is the way to go, I guess. I can't wait to hear how things go. Good luck, again.

I have to ask everyone who has proposed on a cruise ship or one of the ports. How do you hide the ring? I assume you wouldn't have it in your checked luggage because who knows if it would actually make it, where do you guys hide the rings so you know they are safe but also where she won't find it?:confused:

• 2 months later...
I have to ask everyone who has proposed on a cruise ship or one of the ports. How do you hide the ring? I assume you wouldn't have it in your checked luggage because who knows if it would actually make it, where do you guys hide the rings so you know they are safe but also where she won't find it?:confused:

Showergirl- this happened to my BIL. He wanted to propose to his girlfriend while we were all on vacation in Grenada and he had her grandmother's ring (her parents were in on it too). Well, she found the ring when he was packing! Somehow he made up some excuse to convince her that it was there by mistake.

He waited all week to propose and the rest of the family was going NUTS! Then he mentioned on the last night that they were going to dine alone at a local hotel (nothing to surprise here there since all the siblings and SO had "snuck" away at least one night). But she got sunburned and decided she didn't feel up to it. We panicked and were urging her to go....which she finally did and boy was she glad she made that choice:D

To the OP, all of the suggestions have been great (though I alway worry about rings in food/drinks). No matter what you do, it sounds like you will make it special and she is going to remember this forever.

Congratulations and don't forget to post after you come back!

We were on the Explorer in August, 2003. It was the first night of our cruise, and we were in the theatre after dinner. The cruise director came on stage and introduced himself. He explained that he sometimes liked to bring people on stage so that he can get to know the passengers. Well, he pointed to a young man and his girlfriend,who just happened to be sitting in the front row of the theatre. His whole family was with him. When they went up on stage, the CD asked them a few questions. Finally, he asked the man if there was anything that he could do to make the cruise better? At that point the man got down on one knee and proposed to his girlfriend...of course she said yes!! Needless to say, the whole theatre went wild! I thought it was pretty cool. A nice way to start a cruise.

Archived