Thomson Cruises Considering Rebrand

on the speculation re the 'Mein Thomson 1' if this happens It makes sense for Thoms to try and keep their core clientele while also trying to attract some international clients and those looking for something more exclusive like bolt on (sensatori?)

TBH this would be a big shift for thomsons,

at the moment thomsons main business is providing low cost mainly inside cabins for the masses with only a few deluxe balcony cabins the mein schiff and other lines core business is filling up the premium balcony cabins with only a few budget insides available....... those that pay more for premium cabins will be also more likely to pay extra for services like sensatori?....will the thomsons regular clientele pay the premium or will it drive them away?

heres my thoughts on what the new thomsons CEO is looking at:

keep the dream (has been quite successful so far) with its core of low cost inside cabins as it is, med in the summer Caribbean in the winter albeit with the new platinum upgrade bolted on just to get the regulars used to the idea that thomsons is no more a low cost operation and trying to make you feel a bit better about having to pay more (softly softly approach)

same with celebration also mainly low cost inside cabins and hardly any premium cabins, cruising from Uk or maybe the med in summer, then the popular red sea/holy land in the winter (tried and tested formula)

Take a chance and use the 'mein thomson 1' (or similar ship) on the greek isles/adriatic itineraries (very popular & oversubscribed) in summer and somewhere new? in the winter, using their brand new aircraft? ....maybe dubai & far east these itineraries would quickly fill up and with mostly premium balcony cabins to boot, we'd pay more for this wouldn’t we? especially if it was exclusive to thomsons (a bit for risky for Thomsons, but bigger margins if it works)

this coment sums it up in anutshell

Do you think it's their passengers they are trying to overhaul?

If they go premium we may not be able to afford the prices.

i don’t think they really want to keep the majesty it hasn’t been a great all round success has it?, they obviously want to keep the celebration and dream or they wouldn’t be refurbishing them, personally i can see them getting rid of the majesty and maybe spirit as well? Or, maybe replacing the (knackered) island escape with the spirit

No offence meant but I did reply to a "Thomson ship FULL of Foreigners

TBH I'm with you on this also...don’t get me wrong I'm not xenophobic but I wouldn’t go on costa, personally I wouldn’t want to be in a minority, (I wouldn’t enjoy the food or the entertainment) I like my marmite and bonkers captains speeches/cruise x factor/mr & mrs....and by the same token I don’t think many costa/aida/pullmantor clients would want to be on Thomson’s or any other nationality based cruise line for that matter, for the same reasons, its just subtle cultural differences not xenophobic or unwelcoming at all

each each cruise line market mainly to their nationals (thomson food/entertainment/general atmosphere is very much geared to a british audience) the cruise lines know what their main customer base's prefer and market likewise, there will always be few international clients on all lines/cruise ships and I am sure they will be made very welcome especially on Thomsons, but in the main there are not so many, unless they are truly international like msc & costa who cater for this and are experts, I have cruised on the german MV delphin mainly because it was the only (affordable) line that did the black sea (and all those chocolate encrusted dishes clinched it a bit too:)) and only because my kids speak the lingo a little (german schooling) however (and the british are lucky in this respect) nearly everyone onboard (inc the crew) spoke English (although were a little shocked to see us there)

TBH I'm with you on this also...don’t get me wrong I'm not xenophobic but I wouldn’t go on costa, personally I wouldn’t want to be in a minority, (I wouldn’t enjoy the food or the entertainment) I like my marmite and bonkers captains speeches/cruise x factor/mr & mrs....and by the same token I don’t think many costa/aida/pullmantor clients would want to be on Thomson’s or any other nationality based cruise line for that matter, for the same reasons, its just subtle cultural differences not xenophobic or unwelcoming at all

each each cruise line market mainly to their nationals (thomson food/entertainment/general atmosphere is very much geared to a british audience) the cruise lines know what their main customer base's prefer and market likewise, there will always be few international clients on all lines/cruise ships and I am sure they will be made very welcome especially on Thomsons, but in the main there are not so many, unless they are truly international like msc & costa who cater for this and are experts, I have cruised on the german MV delphin mainly because it was the only (affordable) line that did the black sea (and all those chocolate encrusted dishes clinched it a bit too:)) and only because my kids speak the lingo a little (german schooling) however (and the british are lucky in this respect) nearly everyone onboard (inc the crew) spoke English (although were a little shocked to see us there)

I`m not xenophobic either geo far from it just more comfortable among my own thats all

on the speculation re the 'Mein Thomson 1' if this happens It makes sense for Thoms to try and keep their core clientele while also trying to attract some international clients and those looking for something more exclusive like bolt on (sensatori?)

TBH this would be a big shift for thomsons,

at the moment thomsons main business is providing low cost mainly inside cabins for the masses with only a few deluxe balcony cabins the mein schiff and other lines core business is filling up the premium balcony cabins with only a few budget insides available....... those that pay more for premium cabins will be also more likely to pay extra for services like sensatori?....will the thomsons regular clientele pay the premium or will it drive them away?

heres my thoughts on what the new thomsons CEO is looking at:

keep the dream (has been quite successful so far) with its core of low cost inside cabins as it is, med in the summer Caribbean in the winter albeit with the new platinum upgrade bolted on just to get the regulars used to the idea that thomsons is no more a low cost operation and trying to make you feel a bit better about having to pay more (softly softly approach)

same with celebration also mainly low cost inside cabins and hardly any premium cabins, cruising from Uk or maybe the med in summer, then the popular red sea/holy land in the winter (tried and tested formula)

Take a chance and use the 'mein thomson 1' (or similar ship) on the greek isles/adriatic itineraries (very popular & oversubscribed) in summer and somewhere new? in the winter, using their brand new aircraft? ....maybe dubai & far east these itineraries would quickly fill up and with mostly premium balcony cabins to boot, we'd pay more for this wouldn’t we? especially if it was exclusive to thomsons (a bit for risky for Thomsons, but bigger margins if it works)

this coment sums it up in anutshell

i don’t think they really want to keep the majesty it hasn’t been a great all round success has it?, they obviously want to keep the celebration and dream or they wouldn’t be refurbishing them, personally i can see them getting rid of the majesty and maybe spirit as well? Or, maybe replacing the (knackered) island escape with the spirit

Thomson Dream I think will most certainly stay. They've got it on lease until 2020 and then have the option of buying it, which I think they might do as I think it will still be popular. Considering the problems that it had at the beginning of its life with Thomson (that was lets face it, a disaster!) it has done really well. I think the Platinum upgrade is probably the start of the whole Premium-style upgrade. At the moment, with Majesty and Spirit in the fleet, they've got to differentiate Dream and Celebration otherwise people will be complaining that they've not received the upgraded ship.

Thomson Celebration I think will also stay after its refurb, and will probably replace Spirit. I agree about Majesty. I don't think Thomson really ever wanted this ship, as I would think the change in entertainment would have been a big issue that even they would have realised would annoy people, especially when they'd already booked on Destiny. Also, there doesn't seem to be any details online anywhere regarding Majesty's contract, which makes me wonder if they're keeping that quiet as they might be considering in not renewing it. I doubt they would have wanted to voice when they were introducing it at the time that they didn't have it for long, as people would have been wondering why this new ship that they're advertising doesn't have a long lease. Also, according to a certain website, Louis are looking for a buyer for it anyway and are trying to get rid of it and have been since 2010! I would guess (and sort of hope :o) that its contract might end in 2014, when Destiny's was going to. Louis currently don't have any other ships that could replace it so maybe that would be it.

I doubt that Thomson Spirit's charter would be extended either. In 2014, it would have been with them for 11 years. They also usually give it back to Louis in the winter. Judging by the poll on their website, it would seem that they are looking at a new destination for the winter, therefore all ships would need to be with them. Therefore, I doubt Spirit will fit in their long-term plan, plus Louis don't seem to be willing to let Thomson do many refurbs, so a Platinum refurb seems out of the question, and if they're going down this route for the whole brand, Spirit and Majesty don't fit. Will miss Spirit though if it does go. Was my first ever cruise, and it is still a nice ship. :(

The one I have no idea over is Island Escape. I don't think that Thomson really wanted it when they merged with First Choice, and it is still for sale (well according to that site online anyway). But, if they are going down the Premium route for the Thomson brand, maybe they need the more informal Island Cruises brand also. I would think though that Island Escape would need to be replaced soon - with Majesty perhaps? :confused:

My 2015 Plan

I think 2015 will be the big turning point for Thomson Cruises, once leases run out in 2014. I would guess that we'd see Celebration doing ex-UK and Canaries in the winter, Dream doing the itineraries from Turkey (and I would like to maybe see Bodrum be used as a home-port instead of Marmaris! Both nice places but with Bodrum only a 30 minutes transfer compared to 90 with Marmaris, makes sense for me. The accommodation offering in the Bodrum region has also increased for Cruise & Stay. The only problem is flights would have to be stepped up from certain UK airports, but more have been going to Bodrum recently) and then Red Sea in the Winter, and then a new ship from Corfu, maybe another of the Holland America ships but Platinum refurbed, and would sail to a new destination, Far East, Indian Ocean, that sort of thing for the winter. Then Mein Schiff 1 doing the Palma itineraries in the summer and the Caribbean in the Winter. Of course, what would be really nice would be Mein Schiff 1 doing Palma and then Mein Schiff 2 doing Corfu, but perhaps that's asking a bit too much... :rolleyes:. And then an Island Cruise ship doing Palma for the summer, and maybe something else in the winter. If it was a newer ship, perhaps it would get more interest and winter itineraries wouldn't have to be pulled.

Overall, I think Thomson need to go down a slightly more Premium route with a ship like Mein Schiff as its flagship. People expect more nowadays, and I think that this has to start with the state of the ships and the facilities and extras (not at an extra cost) that are offered. I just hope that prices aren't increased too much and the same friendly atmosphere is on board. Alienating the current clientèle and bringing more international customers in isn't the way forward!

I think your idea of Bodrum with the 30 minute transfer time being a home-port would be excellent but is it feasible? Where the ship currently docks, it only seems very small and I may be wrong but there does not appear to be the infra-structure to cope with lots of buses transporting all the passengers to and from the airport to the port they use now. When we have holidayed in the Bodrum area, at times they have to transfer passengers from the big coaches to the little dolmuses/minibuses to transport them into and around Bodrum. There are quite a lot of flights into and out of Bodrum from regional airports - in theory and to save the long transfer, this would be ideal!

I think your idea of Bodrum with the 30 minute transfer time being a home-port would be excellent but is it feasible? Where the ship currently docks, it only seems very small and I may be wrong but there does not appear to be the infra-structure to cope with lots of buses transporting all the passengers to and from the airport to the port they use now. When we have holidayed in the Bodrum area, at times they have to transfer passengers from the big coaches to the little dolmuses/minibuses to transport them into and around Bodrum. There are quite a lot of flights into and out of Bodrum from regional airports - in theory and to save the long transfer, this would be ideal!

I think this is probably going to be the main issue with using Bodrum instead. I know when Thomson started to use Marmaris, they built a brand new cruise terminal, so I suppose if they were going to use Bodrum, improvements could be made by them (but would be expensive). If the improvements around the port area were made, I think, as you say, it would be ideal. The main problem with Marmaris is the 90 minute transfer (especially if you end up on an old coach without air-conditioning).

I think this is probably going to be the main issue with using Bodrum instead. I know when Thomson started to use Marmaris, they built a brand new cruise terminal, so I suppose if they were going to use Bodrum, improvements could be made by them (but would be expensive). If the improvements around the port area were made, I think, as you say, it would be ideal. The main problem with Marmaris is the 90 minute transfer (especially if you end up on an old coach without air-conditioning).

Goodness knows why as when we left the ship the port was full of coaches heading back to the airport, but we got put on a full 12 seater minibus with no aircon on our way back from Marmaris in the middle of August this year!!?!! We had virtually no water to drink with us as on the transfer coach from Dalaman they were selling bottles so we assumed we would be able to buy some on the return coach. The only good thing about it was it only took just over an hour to get there as he obviously he could drive faster than the big coaches!

Bumping this up for you kruzseeka. :)

Thanks sailaway! :):):)

And my goodness what interesting reading! I'm still trying to digest it all but well done to you and everyone who's made such valuable contributions to the debate - only hope Thomson is reading it too. ;)

I'll have to read it again and ponder a little before I tip in but as an immediate response I do agree with those who have said moving away from a Briritsh product for a typical Briritsh market would change the nature of the Thomson product and I fear alienate their core customer base (although I have no objection to other nationalities on board as long as it doesn't change the complexion of the ship). That's a risk they may take but I suspect may very well regret.

Had a good read through now and must say the discussion and insights of the posters is excellent and has been very thought-provoking. You seem to have thought of lots of angles and put forward some very plausible ideas on where the brand is going. Well done all and especially Sailaway who seems to have the knack of unearthing some valuable detail on contracts and background on the status of the ships.

I hope that the suggestion that the Majesty isn't here for long (concerned that if so it indicates that Thomson is satisfied to change the entertainment format to its detriment imo). Since you can't find anything to the contrary, let's hope it's just a stop-gap until the end of what would have been the lease period for Destiny. Although I'm sure some would be happy for it to stay in the fleet I feel it has inherent issues which affects what it can deliver.

Spirit's days may be limited too inasmuch as I don't think Thomson aren't going to invest heavily in this ship and I'm sure Louis won't (unless like Destiny when they had other plans for it!).

I like Sailaway's scenario of Celebration doing the ex-UK sailings etc, Dream sailing out of the Caribbean and the Med and sailing out of Corfu a 'new' ship like the Mein Schiff hand-me down (I could live with that even if no additional spending as it looks so much better than any of the other Thomson ships). But that would almost certainly put the price up for the Adriatic cruises; a new popular ship, superb port-intensive programme and arguably the best itinerary on offer.

Like others I think we could be in for general price increases although as Dave points out prices on P&O with better quality ships with better facilities aren't necessarily any more so Thomson will have to take care that with whatever re-branding they undertake they don't price themselves out of the market.

The idea of sailing from Bodrum has merit but from what has been said it seems transport in and out may not be great. The biggest issue with Marmaris is the transfer. They have built better roads and I think an 90 minute transfer wouldn't be such a problem if they'd just get decent modern coaches with good air-con. With an increase in Cruise & Stay perhaps some investment in their own coaches which can be used for the hotel trade too may be a solution and cheaper than re-locating the base port to Bodrum.

Importantly I do so hope they don't lose sight of their strengths; service, ambience, friendliness, interesting varied and port-intensive itineraries and the entertainment. Catering to a more varied nationality base isn't an issue for me as long as the features which attract their current customers (an essentially British experience) isn't lost.

But a fascinating thread - and one which will no doubt be added to as things unfold.

I agree, some really good posts and lets hope whilst we speculate on changes that Thomson hint at,

they in my mind cannot afford to make any errors in changing "the strengths and values" that

have kept us returning for more of the very same.

Other cruise companys may offer a higher brand of cruising but make no mistake Thomson,they do envy

you and would snap that corner of the market up given the chance. Look at other companys that are now

offering parts of the Thomson format? Free AI , no service charges & tips?

To me this is a knife edge balance and should they get this wrong,then the passengers will and would

move to the other cruise companies .

The pricing and newer ships and even things like the entertainment,will determine if Thomson become just

another cruise company in this cut throat but growing industry .No one said its going to be easy.

They must not just stand still either in todays cruise markets .

At the ACE Cruise Convention, the MD of Thomson Cruises, Fraser Ellacott, has been talking about how he is going to develop the Thomson Cruises business. One of the things that came up is that they are considering rebranding the business as an international brand to attract customers worldwide. It was also suggested that a new name is being considered for Thomson Cruises, although the Thomson name would stay. What it could change to though I don't know as surely if the name Thomson is staying and I would think that Cruises would stay, I can't think of a new name really that would fit! :confused:

They are also looking at increasing the range of accommodation for the Cruise & Stay options. They are also looking at becoming more sustainable, and are trying to reflect Thomson Airways in becoming the most efficient, I guess to tie in with the new fuel efficient Boeing 787 Dreamliner aircraft.

Another issue that came up was the fact that he stated that cruises should no longer be sold as a 'commodity' like flights are, and instead an experience in its own. It has been mentioned a few times on here in the past that the cruise side of the business has always seemed to be just another division of the Thomson holiday business and not a cruise company in its own right - whereas now, it seems the MD is looking to change this.

Three articles that mention these changes are here:

TravelMole - 'Thomson Cruises considering rebrand'

http://www.travelmole.com/news_feature.php?news_id=2003197&c=setreg&region=2

Travel Weekly - 'Stop selling cruise as a 'commodity', says Ellacott'

http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/Articles/2012/09/21/41702/stop-selling-cruise-as-a-commodity-says-ellacott.html

TTG Digital - 'Thomson Cruises to launch international brand?' An account is needed to view this one.

http://www.ttgdigital.com/news/thomson-cruises-to-launch-international-brand/4685270.article

It does seem that Ellacott is certainly moving the business along and looking at strengthening its position for the future. Hopefully this may mean new ships ;) and new itineraries to the Far East perhaps! :)

Not too sure about the international thing though. I just hope that they don't lose the more intimate and friendly atmosphere onboard. I'd fear that this could go if these sort of plans do go ahead.

I do hope that Thomson remains British with the cruises. The entertainment is so good not having to listen to several languages, sorry but i like things as they are. I agree that the atmosphere is both friendly and intimate. Please dont lose this Thomson.:(

Had a good read through now and must say the discussion and insights of the posters is excellent and has been very thought-provoking. You seem to have thought of lots of angles and put forward some very plausible ideas on where the brand is going. Well done all and especially Sailaway who seems to have the knack of unearthing some valuable detail on contracts and background on the status of the ships.

I hope that the suggestion that the Majesty isn't here for long (concerned that if so it indicates that Thomson is satisfied to change the entertainment format to its detriment imo). Since you can't find anything to the contrary, let's hope it's just a stop-gap until the end of what would have been the lease period for Destiny. Although I'm sure some would be happy for it to stay in the fleet I feel it has inherent issues which affects what it can deliver.

Spirit's days may be limited too inasmuch as I don't think Thomson aren't going to invest heavily in this ship and I'm sure Louis won't (unless like Destiny when they had other plans for it!).

I like Sailaway's scenario of Celebration doing the ex-UK sailings etc, Dream sailing out of the Caribbean and the Med and sailing out of Corfu a 'new' ship like the Mein Schiff hand-me down (I could live with that even if no additional spending as it looks so much better than any of the other Thomson ships). But that would almost certainly put the price up for the Adriatic cruises; a new popular ship, superb port-intensive programme and arguably the best itinerary on offer.

Like others I think we could be in for general price increases although as Dave points out prices on P&O with better quality ships with better facilities aren't necessarily any more so Thomson will have to take care that with whatever re-branding they undertake they don't price themselves out of the market.

The idea of sailing from Bodrum has merit but from what has been said it seems transport in and out may not be great. The biggest issue with Marmaris is the transfer. They have built better roads and I think an 90 minute transfer wouldn't be such a problem if they'd just get decent modern coaches with good air-con. With an increase in Cruise & Stay perhaps some investment in their own coaches which can be used for the hotel trade too may be a solution and cheaper than re-locating the base port to Bodrum.

Importantly I do so hope they don't lose sight of their strengths; service, ambience, friendliness, interesting varied and port-intensive itineraries and the entertainment. Catering to a more varied nationality base isn't an issue for me as long as the features which attract their current customers (an essentially British experience) isn't lost.

But a fascinating thread - and one which will no doubt be added to as things unfold.

Agree with everything you say, and thanks also! :)

I think Thomson do need to improve their product in terms of the ships, and a Mein Schiff style operation I think would be a good idea (although a think a lot of investment over a long period of time would have to be in order for this to happen).

However, I agree that the main aspects of a Thomson cruise should stay the same: easy transfers to and from the ship with flights on its own airline, great entertainment, varied and port-intensive itineraries, fantastic staff and the friendly atmosphere on board. I just think that if they are going towards the international route, the 'British experience' will probably be slightly lost. They better not get rid of the scones at afternoon tea!!! :mad: :D

I agree, some really good posts and lets hope whilst we speculate on changes that Thomson hint at,

they in my mind cannot afford to make any errors in changing "the strengths and values" that

have kept us returning for more of the very same.

Other cruise companys may offer a higher brand of cruising but make no mistake Thomson,they do envy

you and would snap that corner of the market up given the chance. Look at other companys that are now

offering parts of the Thomson format? Free AI , no service charges & tips?

To me this is a knife edge balance and should they get this wrong,then the passengers will and would

move to the other cruise companies .

The pricing and newer ships and even things like the entertainment,will determine if Thomson become just

another cruise company in this cut throat but growing industry .No one said its going to be easy.

They must not just stand still either in todays cruise markets .

I've noticed too that other cruise lines are starting to copy Thomson by including tips and free AI now.

I do think that Thomson have become a slight victim over the past five or so years of standing still. The cruise market has changed a lot since, and seems to be becoming even more popular. I think in the past, Thomson used to pitch itself as a great cruise line to start with if you've never cruised before. I think now they have to start thinking about us repeat passengers more and realise that they need to improve their product to stop first time cruisers from experiencing cruising, then going elsewhere to find a slightly better standard product for a slight increase in price.

I'ts the phrase -Thomsons are considering rebranding the business - that has got me thinking

Saga have a new big ship

Voyages of Discovery have new big ship

saga are marketing at a particular demographic (over 50's no kids) and so are Voyages of Discovery (emphasis on history and culture)

neither of these are very appealing to families

maybe Thomsons have noticed the gap? maybe they are looking to make cruises a more attractive product for their huge resort based family package holiday market by making any future bigger ships more resort like/child friendly, there's no doubting that this would appeal to families especially if it was good value product as well

It does beg the question tho? what would happen to Thomsons bread and butter family package holiday market? surely they wouldn't want to poach their own customers

I'ts the phrase -Thomsons are considering rebranding the business - that has got me thinking

Saga have a new big ship

Voyages of Discovery have new big ship

saga are marketing at a particular demographic (over 50's no kids) and so are Voyages of Discovery (emphasis on history and culture)

neither of these are very appealing to families

maybe Thomsons have noticed the gap? maybe they are looking to make cruises a more attractive product for their huge resort based family package holiday market by making any future bigger ships more resort like/child friendly, there's no doubting that this would appeal to families especially if it was good value product as well

It does beg the question tho? what would happen to Thomsons bread and butter family package holiday market? surely they wouldn't want to poach their own customers

I wondered whether they'd move the Island Cruises brand to a more family market, like TUI have done with First Choice and their Holiday Villages, and then move Thomson Cruises to a slightly more premium, adult cruise line, like Sensatori?

Also begs the question that predominantly their typical cruise clientele currently isn't families - rather a more 'mature' demographic - and how would they respond to such a change of emphasis? Could end up winning more families and at the expense of losing others - possibly a lot of their repeat customers. As kalos has already said, they are on a knife edge! :eek:

Also begs the question that predominantly their typical cruise clientele currently isn't families - rather a more 'mature' demographic - and how would they respond to such a change of emphasis? Could end up winning more families and at the expense of losing others - possibly a lot of their repeat customers. As kalos has already said, they are on a knife edge! :eek:

This may sound a bit "odd" but we travel as a family with 2 teens (in school holiday times) and we actually like the fact that there aren't too many families on the ships! If it were to change to more "family style" cruising then we would probably avoid it - to me that is a bit "holiday camp-ish". Not that there is anything wrong with holiday camps but I personally wouldn't want to travel on a ship with lots of other families! We quite like the "grown-up" feel to it and our children love it too - they like mixing with other teens but in their own way and not through organised activities etc!

I've noticed too that other cruise lines are starting to copy Thomson by including tips and free AI now.

I do think that Thomson have become a slight victim over the past five or so years of standing still. The cruise market has changed a lot since, and seems to be becoming even more popular. I think in the past, Thomson used to pitch itself as a great cruise line to start with if you've never cruised before. I think now they have to start thinking about us repeat passengers more and realise that they need to improve their product to stop first time cruisers from experiencing cruising, then going elsewhere to find a slightly better standard product for a slight increase in price.

I definitely think you're right about returning passengers. I think we have all 'been' with Thomson for a number of years now and we like the product but are now ready to spread our wings as it were and experience new areas, and also better ships. Not neccessarilly bigger but a little bit more luxurious.

I can't see ships full of children being a big hit, as we like a lot of others go in term time to avoid them. Don't get me wrong I love children and go on familly holidays but always to somewhere more child friendly.

I wonder if Mr. Ellacott made this statement deliberately to get feed back from here :rolleyes: as I'm sure he must know by now how good you all are at comming up with ideas.:)

So....Mr Ellacott if you're watching

Most of us like the idea of a newer bigger ship with more cabin choices to suit all budgets

Many of us like the idea of thomsons cruises being a branded product in its own right just as long the words 'Island' and 'escape' don’t feature in the new brand

Many of us like the idea of a few new itineraries (maybe even the odd world cruise perhaps broken down into segments to suit all budgets) far east is coming out tops here

a fair proportion of us would pay an extra premium for a sensatori at sea:cool:

but:

most would like to see the traditional British cruising experience to staying pretty much the same

many of us don’t like the idea of any international costa style tinkering with the entertainment/food/product, especially the entertainment

many of us don’t really like the idea of too much family friendly resort style tinkering either

so:

a fair proportion of us would like to see the cruise and stay product developed.....you could sell 2 holidays in one here;)

majesty is not working very well for many of us

on the island escape you could hold a very successful car boot sale on deck on a sunday morning (sorry! that just slipped out):o

we all seem to like the idea of the mein Thomson schiff .....and (by pure happenchance)......its on the market:cool:

So....Mr Ellacott if you're watching

Most of us like the idea of a newer bigger ship with more cabin choices to suit all budgets

Many of us like the idea of thomsons cruises being a branded product in its own right just as long the words 'Island' and 'escape' don’t feature in the new brand

Many of us like the idea of a few new itineraries (maybe even the odd world cruise perhaps broken down into segments to suit all budgets) far east is coming out tops here

a fair proportion of us would pay an extra premium for a sensatori at sea:cool:

but:

most would like to see the traditional British cruising experience to staying pretty much the same

many of us don’t like the idea of any international costa style tinkering with the entertainment/food/product, especially the entertainment

many of us don’t really like the idea of too much family friendly resort style tinkering either

so:

a fair proportion of us would like to see the cruise and stay product developed.....you could sell 2 holidays in one here;)

majesty is not working very well for many of us

on the island escape you could hold a very successful car boot sale on deck on a sunday morning (sorry! that just slipped out):o

we all seem to like the idea of the mein Thomson schiff .....and (by pure happenchance)......its on the market:cool:

Excellent geomagot!

Clear, concise summary which certainly reflects my views! Well done! Thomson take note! (PLEASE!)

P.S. and can you build in some loyalty scheme? (Please, again! :D)

Good reflection on the opinions of the majority! :D

Also agree about the loyalty programme. Something, even on board credit, has to be offered I think.

In terms of itineraries, drop Agadir from the Canary Islands cruise, bring back the two week Black Sea Odyssey from Corfu, bring back La Spezia and look at Far East for the winter.

If they do have Majesty contracted for longer and they do start to clearly define the branding for Thomson and Island, I can definitely see it becoming Island Majesty.

Good reflection on the opinions of the majority! :D

Also agree about the loyalty programme. Something, even on board credit, has to be offered I think.

In terms of itineraries, drop Agadir from the Canary Islands cruise, bring back the two week Black Sea Odyssey from Corfu, bring back La Spezia and look at Far East for the winter.

If they do have Majesty contracted for longer and they do start to clearly define the branding for Thomson and Island, I can definitely see it becoming Island Majesty.

Good points, Sailaway! (Let's hope Mr Ellacott does hear about the views on the Forum! It's our own 'Thomson Trending' :D )

Archived