ES and Carnival insurance.

gatorellis

Booked Early Saver on Dream with insurance. Found out that Carnival's insurance was junk and tried to cancel it. Initially, I was able to use the remove buttons online, but then site was down for like 3 days. When I did get back on it, the buttons were gone, so I called Carnival. Was told that I could not cancel it since it was already paid with the deposit. I haven't paid in full yet. So I left it go. Yesterday, I went online to make a payment and the buttons were there, so I removed the insurance and printed out a copy of it stating the amount I still owed, $300.00 less. My question is will Carnival give me a hassle about this?

Booked Early Saver on Dream with insurance. Found out that Carnival's insurance was junk and tried to cancel it. Initially, I was able to use the remove buttons online, but then site was down for like 3 days. When I did get back on it, the buttons were gone, so I called Carnival. Was told that I could not cancel it since it was already paid with the deposit. I haven't paid in full yet. So I left it go. Yesterday, I went online to make a payment and the buttons were there, so I removed the insurance and printed out a copy of it stating the amount I still owed, $300.00 less. My question is will Carnival give me a hassle about this?

Per the Policy "The plan cost is non-refundable once you enter the cancellation penalty period.". So as long as you haven't yet reached the Final Payment Deadline date, you should be able to cancel. ken

Just booked with ES and chose their insurance. Why is it crap? I need to know if I should go cancel it and find something else...:confused:

You can generally get higher coverages for less money (especially if you are younger)with the so-called 3rd Party Policies (CSA, TravelInsured, TravelEx.....). The Carnival Policy does not have "Waiver of Pre-Existing conditions" and has IMO insufficient medical coverage and marginal Medical Evacuation coverage. Kids are covered free with insured adults with many other Policies.

For a recent purchase: For Age 32, $1300 trip Cost, including "Cancel for Any Reason, the Carnival Premium would be $129, the TravelInsured worldWide Trip Protector Premium would be $72.

The Travel Insured has $50,000 Medical, $500,000 Emergency Evacuation, gives a Refund versus Credit for Cancel for Any Reason, includes "Waiver of Pre-Existing Condition" and insures kids for free.

ken

Thanks for the replies, I just checked on the website again and it still shows that I removed the insurance. I thought maybe they would try to add it back on. We have never purchased the insurance before, and knock on wood, didn't need it. I will look into those other travel ins companies.

Thanks for the replies, I just checked on the website again and it still shows that I removed the insurance. I thought maybe they would try to add it back on. We have never purchased the insurance before, and knock on wood, didn't need it. I will look into those other travel ins companies.

Keep an eye on your account at/after Final Payment deadline -sometimes the Insurance gets added in. ken

Archived