Navigator Easter Caribbean - May 7th

Hi Folks

Just returned to the Uk after completing the May 7th Eastern Caribbean itinerary on Navigator of the Seas.

If I can be of any help answering questions, please let me know. I have all the cruise compasses and details of the wine programs if there is anything I can help with. Also all my receipts, so I can hopefully help with prices of drinks, photos, but not excursions as we pre-paid those before we left the UK.

NOS is going into dry dock for a week in Freeport following return to Miami this Saturday, May 21st.

There are to be changes to Cafe Promenade and the Logo shop (inside info). Not sure exactly what the changes are to be though.

Yes folks

Sorry if I confused anyone, but I am having serious withdrawal symptoms now I'm back in cloudy Manchester, UK!

The :( doesn't mean it was a bad cruise at all, just sad to be home and back at work! Also doesn't help that our dining companions are still on Navigator, but at least their 2nd week is now coming to a close and they'll be heading back to the UK soon. Alyee777 is right, always smiling as we were having a ball, and so was she, must have been all that shopping!

Tammy - I'll dig out my receipts from the photoshop and let you know prices as soon as I find them! They're buried in my suitcase under the laundry which is today's task as we only got back to the UK on Thursday! Be back soon. The food was great, no complaints other than my expanded waistline! Portofinos was excellent as usual and well worth the additional $20, the Tiramisu is to die for, but one word of warning, you won't be able to move afterwards! We took to just having snacks from Cafe Promenade for lunch because if we took a full lunch in Windjammer or the dining room, it was too much and after dinner (we were on late seating 8.30) we couldn't move. As well as the suggested entrees there are always alternatives to choose from.

Hope this helps.

Tammy - found my photo receipts! Here's the prices:

The Welcome Aboard package (one 8 x 10 and one 8 X 6) was $14.95

A formal 8 x 10 photo was $19.95

Each deck or disembarking photo (e.g. at a port) was $9.95 (8 x 6)

Crown & Anchor Welcome Back Party photo with the captain was $14.95 as was the a formal dinner group photo (both 10 x 6)

There was a special offer of a 8 x 10 Navigator folio for $19.95 which included a 8 x 10 photo of the ship if purchased with another 8 x 10. I got this offer by purchasing the formal 8 x 10.

There was also an offer of a free 8 x 10 folio if you purchased 4 of the 8 x 10 photos. I believe they gave you a card which they punched a hole in everytime you bought an 8 x 10, so that when you'd bought 4 you could claim your folio.

If you are a returning Crown & Anchor member you get a savings booklet that includes a voucher for a free 5 x 7 photo of the ship when you purchase a 8 x 10 print.

Hope this helps.

Hi Marykatesmom,

We had a few favourite bars, but the most fun was the Schooner Bar because of the resident singer Matt Yee. He is extremely funny and conducts a hilarious sing-a-long every night from about 10. Not sure if he'll still be onboard after NOS has been in dry dock (w/c 21st May). We had seen him last year on Mariner and so it was a great surprise to see him again.

We also liked Boleros (deck 4) for the great Mojito cocktails before dinner, Vintages Wine Bar (deck 5 Royal Promenade) to sample a nice glass of wine, or the Cosmopolitan Club on deck 14 in the Viking Crown for a quiet drink after dinner with great veiws of the ship at night.

Obviously to indulge yourself, there's always the Champagne Bar on deck 5, bit pricey, but hey you're on holiday!

There are loads more like the Two Poets Pub, Ixtapa Lounge, Connoisseur Club for cigar fans (all deck 5) and the 19th Hole (again Viking Crown, deck 14).

However, looking at the deck plans on RCI for Navigator, it no longer shows the Vintages Wine Bar on deck 5 and the plans are dated 28th May 2005 (when she comes out of dry dock) to 28th April 2007. The ship highlights still list Vintages, so I'm a little confused.

Hope this helps.

However, looking at the deck plans on RCI for Navigator, it no longer shows the Vintages Wine Bar on deck 5 and the plans are dated 28th May 2005 (when she comes out of dry dock) to 28th April 2007. The ship highlights still list Vintages, so I'm a little confused.

Hope this helps.

Hmmm, that's interesting.....I would have liked to go there next time.

I loved looking at your pictures! What kind of camera did you use? We just came back from the Victory (Carnival) 2 weeks ago, and after seeing your pictures, I would book with Royal Caribbean in a second! We almost booked the Navigator, but would have had inside, instead of balcony with Victory. This was our first cruise, so I would like to book with a different cruise line next time just to compare.

I am still trying to adjust to "real life" after 2 weeks!! LOL Oh well, anticipating our next cruise will just have to keep me going.

Hi Skitter - yes there was Horse Racing & Auction on Sunday and Horse Racing Derby on Thursday (both sea days).

just4kixx - Sorry, but I've checked all the Cruise Compasses and can't see any reference to a screening room.

Are we there yet? - I used a Fuji FinePix F440 for the photos, glad you liked them, and that's only a small selection, it's amzing how many you can fit on a 512MB XD picture card!

Archived