island escape

beni1603

hi all, we are due to go on the island escape on the 16th of october. will be our first time on a cruise. is there anyone else going at this time please ? and does anyone have any tips about the ship. wee bit aprehensive cos dont really no what to expect thanks jane.

Jane, you will be fine on the good ship IE it's very laid back and the crew will make your Holiday.

I'm on the week before, the ship maybe getting a little tired now but the atmosphere and cleanliness of the IE and not forgetting the show team who put on a good no not good a brilliant show.

Jenjef who is on the good ship at the moment meeting up with her daughter who is one of the show team. Jenjef has promised an up to date report next week.

RR

I can vouch for everything RR says...we have done over 20 cruises with various cruiselines and we tried IE last year for the first time for a week, because it was doing a good itinerary, and loved it so much we went back for 2 weeks this year.!! :)

Ross Roberts (the other RR) the cruise director and the show team put on excellent shows and deck parties...the ship is not new and flashy (don't be put off by the appearance of the cabin...bit like a caravan!!:D) but clean and comfortable...bathrooms need updating but are clean and functional.

If you find the buffet a bit of a scramble then eat in the Island restaurant on Deck 6....still buffet but tablecloths and waiters bring tea, coffee, water,etc. at no extra charge... Oasis restaurant on Deck 5 is excellent for a treat £15 per head extra...but waiter service and excellent food.:)

As RR says the staff, all of them, are so friendly it really makes the holiday...look out for Jennies daughter Danni the blonde singer who, along with Ben, is wonderful...such good singers the two of them!!

hi all, we are due to go on the island escape on the 16th of october. will be our first time on a cruise. is there anyone else going at this time please ? and does anyone have any tips about the ship. wee bit aprehensive cos dont really no what to expect thanks jane.

This was me back in July Beni. You will have a great time. Foods good, entertainments good,,just go and enjoy it! I'll definately go again for a week away next summer.

thanks for all the replies. the thing is its already a wee bit stressful. the wonderful husband turns 70 in late november. his mother was italian and tho i cant get him to go to italy for a holiday i found this cruise which i have booked as a surprise for him that goes to the bay of naples. his mother came from amalfi so that should be close enough. not telling the wonderful husband until the day before about the cruise. also staying in santa ponsa when we come back for a week. so think he is getting extremely spoiled.....jane

oh jennywren have kept it since august 2011. only 3 more weeks to go. !!!

Hello :) it's so lovely that you arranged all this and managed to keep it a secret for so long, hope you both have a really brilliant time and I would love to hear about it afterwards.

Carole.

oh jennywren have kept it since august 2011. only 3 more weeks to go. !!!

Well done you!:) Look forward to hearing about it ...Santa Ponsa is a nice place for a weeks stay...although we haven't actually stayed there we have spent a day there...lovely beach I remember and parakeets in the trees!

Hope you both have a wonderful time...:)

We sail on the Island Escape on the 16th October. Our first ever cruise was on Island Escape nearly a year ago and cannot wait for the second time around. Not a posh ship and not at all formal although we love to dress up for dinner just to show off our posh frocks. Have booked again when the all inclusive starts in March as a week on the Island Escape was cheaper for us than a week in the U.K. (we live in Spain) Sure you will enjoy it.

Denise

• 11 months later...

Archived