How do you get into your Spanx?

Hockeylovinmom

Do they make shapers for Size 2? :confused: :D

Most everyone thinks there is some area on their body they aren't thrilled about so I understand but it might be hard to find lots of choices for shapewear to do just what you want for a size 2 tummy.

You ladies are too funny. :D

Me too, lol. However I could never physically get down to that size.

I have lost a lot of weight (105 pounds), so being in a size 12 still requires some sort of smoothing for me to hold the loose skin in. Now when I was a size 12 the first time around (like when I was in my 20s) it looked awesome with no shaping. :) I would imagine someone shorter than me could be in a size 2 or 4 with the same issues as well.

Exactly! I'm only 5'1". I'm also 44 & a mom, so my body isn't tight like it once was. Plus, I can't work out to flatten my stomach, due to back problems. My belly is big compared to the rest of my body. It's not that noticeable in most dresses, but it's obvious in my formal dresses. I want a smooth silhouette not a belly bump. :p

Do they make shapers for Size 2?

Most everyone thinks there is some area on their body they aren't thrilled about so I understand but it might be hard to find lots of choices for shapewear to do just what you want for a size 2 tummy.

I'm having a hard time finding them. Small people can have problem areas. I'm proof of that. If it wasn't for my formal dresses, I wouldn't bother. They would look much better with a tummy control panty.

May I suggest Nordstrom's or even Dillards?

They seem to have a decent size range to choose from.

It just occured to me to try QVC. The carry lots of things in XXS and may have small Spanx. Try www.qvc.com.

Hope you find what you want. :)

Thanks so much. I'll check QVC now. If they don't have them, I'll make a trip to the mall. I need to find a good strapless, push-up bra anyway.

I checked the Spanx website, they come in size A... which works for 90-125 pounds on a 5'11 person. On their s/m/l sized items, the small is listed as sizes 2-4.

http://www.spanx.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=4053793

Thanks for looking for me. :) I wasn't sure if it would help, since I'm on the low side of those sizes. I'll give size 1 a try, if you think it will work.

Thanks for looking for me. :) I wasn't sure if it would help, since I'm on the low side of those sizes. I'll give size 1 a try, if you think it will work.

My thoughts would be if tummy control hose works at that size range, then it probably will work for you. It's probably going to help with the bump that you mentioned but I can only guess since I don't actually know what your body looks like. I get so tired of being asked "when I'm due" because that's where my loose skin is, lol.

Have any of you tried this high waist panty? http://www.spanx.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13073320&cp=2992553.10889641&view=all&s=A-StorePrice-SPNX&parentPage=family I'm thinking of ordering it. I'm a bit concerned that it may come up to high on me though.

My thoughts would be if tummy control hose works at that size range, then it probably will work for you. It's probably going to help with the bump that you mentioned but I can only guess since I don't actually know what your body looks like. I get so tired of being asked "when I'm due" because that's where my loose skin is, lol.

I feel your pain. :p All my excess weight is in my stomach. I'd like to lose it. Unfortunately, it appears the rest of my body would be skin over bones, before I got rid of my belly. :rolleyes:

I no longer wear my spanx - bought another brand that looks more like a swimsuit, and it has a bra-like clasp at the crotch area. Going to the bathroom is like heaven compared to when I used the spanx.

I tried something like the one described, but had issues with detaching and reattaching the bra-type clasps. I ended up

not reattaching the clasps, as I would have practically had to

undress to be able to close the clasps. :o Is there an easier

way? :confused:

Not sure if there is an easier way, per se. It just took a bit of getting used to. We (or most of us I imagine) had trouble with regular bras at first, and then it became almost second nature. In the same way inexperienced guys got all confused with trying to remove bras, and later became a bit smoother. It's pretty much the same; it comes with practice.

As another size 2/4 who wears (generic) Spanx... Sometimes they are needed :)

I actually bought mine to wear under my wedding dress to eliminate panty lines/bulges. I found that it worked very well and started wearing it under some of my formalwear too. It's more about smoothing and eliminating lines than about squishing, but it's still important.

As recommended above, I found quite a few styles at Dillards that fit. However, I was NOT the same size in all of them! I think I ranged from an XS to M, so I strongly recommend going somewhere where you can try several on. There is also a very big range of how much they squish you and in what way, so again trying on is key.

Tarheelmjfan: I have tried a version of the high waisted panty; however it would ride down, and I felt I had to keep tugging it

back up to where it belonged.

I then tried a cami-style undergarment which seemed to work

really well for me.

I know I replied to this earlier. I hope I didn't reply on the wrong thread. :o How long is the cami? My weight is in my lower stomach. Would it be long enough to flatten it? I'm afraid it would just push the fat down further, which would be :eek:. I've decided to try http://www.spanx.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13073319&clickid=cart. If it doesn't work, I'll try the cami style.

As another size 2/4 who wears (generic) Spanx... Sometimes they are needed :)

I actually bought mine to wear under my wedding dress to eliminate panty lines/bulges. I found that it worked very well and started wearing it under some of my formalwear too. It's more about smoothing and eliminating lines than about squishing, but it's still important.

As recommended above, I found quite a few styles at Dillards that fit. However, I was NOT the same size in all of them! I think I ranged from an XS to M, so I strongly recommend going somewhere where you can try several on. There is also a very big range of how much they squish you and in what way, so again trying on is key.

I'm glad I'm not the only size 2 with flaws to hide. :p It stinks to count every calorie & still have bumps to conceal. I'm ordering the Spanx I linked above. It should get here in time for me to be able to go to the mall, if it doesn't work.

I no longer wear my spanx - bought another brand that looks more like a swimsuit, and it has a bra-like clasp at the crotch area. Going to the bathroom is like heaven compared to when I used the spanx.

What is the brand and where did you get it....if you don't mind saying....thanks

What is the brand and where did you get it....if you don't mind saying....thanks

Sweet Nothings brand at Walmart (strange - I know!). It was actually a last minute emergency purchase, and I couldn't be happier with it. Much cheaper than Spanx as well. I also like their leggings.

Sweet Nothings brand at Walmart (strange - I know!). It was actually a last minute emergency purchase, and I couldn't be happier with it. Much cheaper than Spanx as well. I also like their leggings.

Target also has a brand called Assets. It's made by Spanx, but is less constricting.

I just bought a pair of Love your Assets by Spanx at Target. I like the feel of them and it is not too strong for me to get into. I thought they were tights but they are legging tights. I am 65, not tall enough for too many pounds. I bought the largest size and I am well in the boundaries by the package. They feel good BUT I don't know how to wear leggings. for the life of me I didn't see anything in my closet that would go with the black ankle length garment. Still I kinda like them. They would go well with full length pants and they do smooth some (NOT a miracle but if you look really hard):o

I'm not sure if I can refold enough to return plus I like the feel.

$14 was the price so not as expensive as the Spanx on line.

What have I purchased? Suggestions on how to wear black leggings for a young at heart but not so small girl. Where do I get panty hose with a control top for a person with very large stomach? TIA

I just bought a pair of Love your Assets by Spanx at Target. I like the feel of them and it is not too strong for me to get into. I thought they were tights but they are legging tights. I am 65, not tall enough for too many pounds. I bought the largest size and I am well in the boundaries by the package. They feel good BUT I don't know how to wear leggings. for the life of me I didn't see anything in my closet that would go with the black ankle length garment. Still I kinda like them. They would go well with full length pants and they do smooth some (NOT a miracle but if you look really hard):o

I'm not sure if I can refold enough to return plus I like the feel.

$14 was the price so not as expensive as the Spanx on line.

What have I purchased? Suggestions on how to wear black leggings for a young at heart but not so small girl. Where do I get panty hose with a control top for a person with very large stomach? TIA

I wear my leggings with a long top.....

I had to do it. I knew it was a mistake before I did. Still, I kept scrolling past this thread wondering, "*** are Spanx?" So I Googled it. I really wish I hadn't. Guys, if you don't know and haven't read the rest of this thread, PLEASE STOP NOW!! I'm going to go bleach my eyes now.

What have I purchased? Suggestions on how to wear black leggings for a young at heart but not so small girl...

You could wear them like you suggested as a shaper under pants (hadn't thought about that until recently - it really does work well. Also works well as another layer under pants if you need something warmer. Like long johns, but infinitely more stylish :)

You can also wear them as suggested above with longer tops, and I like them with dresses as well. If you tuck them into boots they end up looking like opaque tights. I'm not a big fan of wearing them as pants (with a top that doesn't cover the "bits" lol), whether one is a size 2 or 22. It's not really flattering and looks like work-out gear imo.

Archived