How do you get into your Spanx?

Hockeylovinmom

I have some ankle length maxi dresses that they could be used as shapewear with. Can always cut the legs OFF and use just the panty. I like these because they are strong but no so strong that I can't get them on with arthritis. Once tried to get hubby to help pull them up but we both got to laughing so hard we fell on the floor and couldn't get up!:eek: Makes a great memory.

I just bought a pair of Love your Assets by Spanx at Target. I like the feel of them and it is not too strong for me to get into. I thought they were tights but they are legging tights. I am 65, not tall enough for too many pounds. I bought the largest size and I am well in the boundaries by the package. They feel good BUT I don't know how to wear leggings. for the life of me I didn't see anything in my closet that would go with the black ankle length garment. Still I kinda like them. They would go well with full length pants and they do smooth some (NOT a miracle but if you look really hard):o

I'm not sure if I can refold enough to return plus I like the feel.

$14 was the price so not as expensive as the Spanx on line.

What have I purchased? Suggestions on how to wear black leggings for a young at heart but not so small girl. Where do I get panty hose with a control top for a person with very large stomach? TIA

Think outside the box - or rather, think what you have seen in magazine pictures - and wear those ankle length leggings with a dress, somethng knee length only though. Add a high heel - low heels if that is what you usually wear - or even with ballet flats. You will find that that look instantly looks modern and fashionable. If your dress allows it, if it's not itself heavily patterned, add a big chunky necklace or a bunch of chains of varying lenths. So you're in your 60s? Don't you know that that's the new 40s? Enjoy your new garment - you love the feel, so learn to love the look and don't hide them away under trousers. :)

And if you don't like the look, it sounds as though they could be a good source of entertainment, in which case pair them with a bottle of bubbly and your good man.

I would love to know what Kirstie Alley wears -- even though she is a little heavier, I thought she looked perfect in her dress on Dancing with the Stars.

I only wish I could afford clothing that was made just for my body, with a built in bra. Many of the dresses worn by celebrities not only have bras, but they are also corseted. Plus they will wear Spanx, I've heard some of them admit to wearing 2 pair at a time. Even the size 0 - 2's :eek:

Add in the body sculpting spray tans to make their arms appear more toned, the wigs or clip in hair, the eyelashes, fake nails and all the makeup along with the team of people to do it all for them.

I like to look my best, but I'm just not willing to do that much work.

I only wish I could afford clothing that was made just for my body, with a built in bra. Many of the dresses worn by celebrities not only have bras, but they are also corseted. Plus they will wear Spanx, I've heard some of them admit to wearing 2 pair at a time. Even the size 0 - 2's :eek:

Add in the body sculpting spray tans to make their arms appear more toned, the wigs or clip in hair, the eyelashes, fake nails and all the makeup along with the team of people to do it all for them.

I like to look my best, but I'm just not willing to do that much work.

Thank you for putting that into perspective. It's no wonder women have such terrible body images trying to keep up! :rolleyes:

Archived