clocks

JGB

I brought a clock too but had a hard time finding an outlet to plug it into. We finally found one behind the TV when we unplugged that to use so we wouldnt oversleep for our excursion. Next time I will get a battery one too.

I heard that it was best to have a battery clock, as the ship can actual mess up an electric clock-not sure why, but that is what I heard.

I heard that it was best to have a battery clock, as the ship can actual mess up an electric clock-not sure why, but that is what I heard.

I've heard that too. I'm still going to bring my new ipod speaker thingy with a clock. It's a plug in but I'll take the chance.

do the staterooms have clocks?

Here are a couple of items from a thread I made entitled

"Tips For New Cruisers". Hope it helps...

• Bring a battery alarm clock and a low wattage night light.

• Take a wrist watch – you know, one of those old fashion things nobody wears these days. There are very few clocks. The ship has some, but they are few and far between. You will seemingly never know what time it is. You also need a watch when you are off the ship. The local island may not be on the same time as “ship time”. Set your watch to “ship time” and leave it there. When they say the ship will leave the island at 3PM, that doesn’t always mean 3PM local time, and you may very well (literally) “miss the boat”. And don’t (DO NOT) use a cell phone as your watch. Buy a cheap $10 watch and put it on your wrist.

Because they don't want to go into every cabin to change them when there are time changes. We were on a TA once and talked to a crew member who said all the ships clocks had to be hand changed.

OK but on most ships they sail from same port and stay on same time for entire cruise.

Only an issue on TA.

Do wear watch in any case.

OK but on most ships they sail from same port and stay on same time for entire cruise.

Only an issue on TA.

Do wear watch in any case.

On my cruise to the Bahamas last thanksgiving they actually changed from central to eastern time.... It's the first time we had experienced that...

No clocks in cabins. I'm pretty sure it's because Carnival (or any cruise line, for that matter) doesn't want to be responsible for moving the clocks forward or back in all their cabins whenever a ship changes time zones or there's daylight savings time. It's a liability issue for the most part: they installed it, so they "own" it.

I agree with those who say "wear a watch". There aren't many clocks in public spaces, and ship's activities, let alone traditional dinner and show times, run on a tight schedule. Ports are even more risky; if you miss the ship because you "didn't have a watch", you're SOL. It's better to spend $20 on an OK watch that'll work well but you won't care if you lose it, than an arm and a leg to get back to the port of embarkation.

Archived