Summit A1 Aqua Class

smithtown

I am going on the April 27th Cruise on Summit. I booked an A1 Aqua class room on Deck 11. Anyone ever stay in these rooms before and have any thoughts or pics to share? Unfortunately I couldnt get a full AFT Cabin and the Sky Suites that were left appeared to be in not so great location.

I am on the Starboard side, so I am hoping it will be a great view.

I recently stayed in an A1 on deck 11 on the Infinity and absolutely loved it! We were in Cabin 1136 (the rear-most cabin on the starboard side), and couldn't have been happier with it.

The rooms are brand new, and were in perfect condition. The bathrooms were in perfect shape, with not a hint of dirtiness or wear on them.

Being on the top deck, with only an observation deck (that was hardly used) above us, we never heard a sound from above. We could only hear quiet music or people chatting at the sunset bar underneath us on the odd occasion, and even then only when we were on the balcony. The views are great from these rooms, completely unobstructed views forwards and backwards, and strait down to the waterline.

Another huge plus to these rooms (at least in my mind) was the back stairwell leading strait down onto the aft of the Oceanview cafe/Sunset bar. It was so nice to be able to just pop down for a quick snack, or a quick drink, and those stairs made it incredibly easy to grab a tray of food and bring it back to your balcony for breakfast/lunch, avoiding the crowds looking for tables on Deck 10.

The only issue (which, in my mind was very minor) was the lack of overhead cover on the balcony. If it is rainy, there is no overhang from above so the balcony is completely exposed to the elements. The flip-side of this, though, is on sunny ways (and even on cloudy days) the room is very bright, with lots of light streaming though the windows.

Overall, after seeing many other rooms on-board the ship, I wouldn't hesitate to book one of these rooms again! Best location on the ship (other then the aft cabins, of course!).

I am going on the April 27th Cruise on Summit. I booked an A1 Aqua class room on Deck 11. Anyone ever stay in these rooms before and have any thoughts or pics to share? Unfortunately I couldnt get a full AFT Cabin and the Sky Suites that were left appeared to be in not so great location.

I am on the Starboard side, so I am hoping it will be a great view.

We were on the Summit a few weeks ago with 3 cabins 1132 1128 1124. Absolutely loved the location and lack of traffic. Definitely a good choice.

Nice having 3 rooms together in a row. Were you able to remove the dividers on the balcony's? Im trying to plan a reunion cruise with friends and Family next fall and I am hoping we can get a few cabins together and have a large balcony.

Nice having 3 rooms together in a row. Were you able to remove the dividers on the balcony's? Im trying to plan a reunion cruise with friends and Family next fall and I am hoping we can get a few cabins together and have a large balcony.

From what I remember, the dividers aren't completely removable, but a section of it does open up to allow a person to move between balconies. If memory serves, the back half of the divider (next to the ship) is the part that opens.

We were recently in 1138 on the Infinity, and loved the location. That is one of the aft cabins, but we had no problems with noise or smoke from the Sunset Bar below. Deck 11 was wonderful -- no cabins above you, we could just walk out of a door onto the open part of deck 11 and it was one floor down if we wanted to grab a snack from the buffet.

I'm glad this thread came up as I recently booked an aft cabin (#1130) for the 12/2013 sail. I was curious what the rooms AQ rooms were like after the recent refurb. I'm glad to hear that the location seems to be a sweet spot!

My first Celebrity cruise will be in 1/2013 on Reflection so it will be interesting to compare the two ships.

So excited!

We were in 1109 on the Summit at the beginning of this month. Absolutely loved the location. Close to the stairs down to the Waterfall Cafe or to the Sunset Bar. We had the beverage card so it was so easy to bring a drink back up to the room. Also an easy walk to the pool.

The only negative about this cabin is that it is narrower than the older cabins, but the cabin being new certainly made up for it.

Diane

AVID- So Jealous! Was trying forever to get one of the Aft Aft Deck 11 cabins (1133, 1141, 1140, 1138, 1130) for that cruise. How early and were did you book? I did get a Starboard side cabin on that cruise but am going to try for an Aft Aft next year.

AVID- So Jealous! Was trying forever to get one of the Aft Aft Deck 11 cabins (1133, 1141, 1140, 1138, 1130) for that cruise. How early and were did you book? I did get a Starboard side cabin on that cruise but am going to try for an Aft Aft next year.

I know how you feel..as i was similarly envious of those in Aft during our last Summit cruise in late May/ early June..Actually, I couldn't get it when I booked originally booked the apr 27 2013 REPO cruise in June and had to settle for 1136:mad: but I asked to be wait listed for any one of the 5 aft cabins...then one day during the summer LOVESMIST on our roll call emailed me to let me know that one of our fellow roll call members was releasing her booking on 1138 :)so I called X and got it swapped...just a stroke of luck..and a benefit of being connected to the roll call..I guess..I am so looking forward to it..::D

Well I hope to see you on the ship! And Congrats! I have 2 agents watching for another AFT to open. I would love 1140 or 1141, they both look cool. Ive read that link you posted http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1629443

Was reading that months ago cause I was curios how the deck 11 cabins looked and it is so hard to find pics of them. That was a great post for anyone looking to stay on deck 11. Have a great day!

Well I hope to see you on the ship! And Congrats! I have 2 agents watching for another AFT to open. I would love 1140 or 1141, they both look cool. Ive read that link you posted http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1629443

Was reading that months ago cause I was curios how the deck 11 cabins looked and it is so hard to find pics of them. That was a great post for anyone looking to stay on deck 11. Have a great day!

Can't wait to hang my travel hammock on those two posts across 1138 mid balcony:D

Edited by avid
URL error

• 4 months later...

Hello, we have just booked, rather late it appears, for selection, in Aqua for the first time, and I have a question. Are all the Aqua cabin's beds next to the veranda? Has anyone experience with cabin #9093 on the Summit? Thank you!

Hello, we have just booked, rather late it appears, for selection, in Aqua for the first time, and I have a question. Are all the Aqua cabin's beds next to the veranda? Has anyone experience with cabin #9093 on the Summit? Thank you!

When they upgraded the cabins to AQ, they didn't change any of the bed positions. In my experience, all the beds are by the bath on the M-Class ships as opposed to the S-Class where they alternate.

I just booked a Bermuda cruise on Summit for August. I was having a hard time deciding between an Aqua room on deck 11 or an aft cabin on 9. I like the idea of the sunny exposed balcony on 11, but the balconies on 9 aft are huge!

The best of both would be an aft on 11, but those are always sold out!

We'll be on the Summit for the 4/12 and 4/20 cruises...snagged 1140 for both of them! Our friends will be in 1138 the first week, but will have to move for week two ... They booked that week later. We were in 1138 on the Infinity...great cabins, and just above our fave bar!

Jane

• 11 months later...

We upgraded to AQ 1116 on the Summit for the July 20th sailing to Bermuda. I'm also booked on the Infinity from Chile to Florida on March 15th, 2015 and there is no AQ or CC available for that sailing. Looks like we're stuck in a regular veranda cabin on deck 7 forward.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Forums mobile app

We were in 1116 on Connie in December and we loved it so much have now booked same room on Infinity for it's only Caribbean sailing this fall. It's a great location, very private, nice balcony with 2 chairs, 2 tables and a foot stool. No it doesn't have the large aft balcony but we like the privacy of this room, at night especially when I suspect the aft rooms, as nice as they are, still can at least hear the activity in the bar below while on their verandas. If not, that's great! At any rate we will ALWAYS book the A1's on Deck 11 when sailing "M" class from now on.....very nice rooms...ENJOY!!!:D

We were on the Summit to Bermuda last August and stayed in AQ cabin 1112. While the cabin was in good shape and we rarely heard any noise from overhead, we would avoid this cabin in the future. A minor negative (for us) was the very small overhang as we prefer the deeper overhang on the S class ships. I'm not sure if there is more of an overhang on deck 9.

A more significant problem was the lack of proper drainage on the balcony. When it rained (and it can rain lots in Bermuda) the water would accumulate on the balcony and it would be several inches deep. It wouldn't drain away and made the balcony difficult to use. The ship's staff are well aware of the problem and said there is nothing they can do, but they did bring a water vac to clear away the water. It's an inconvenience that would keep us from booking this particular cabin again.

I agree with the other posters that the aft AQ cabins on deck 11 are very conveniently located and I would book this area again, just not in 1112.

We were in cabin 1119 2 weeks ago on the Summit. Very nice cabin. The bed is by the bath. All of the rooms I saw were the same. The balconies on 1117 and 1119 are slightly larger than the others on the side due to the bump out in Oceanview below. Not as large a balcony as the afts, but a nice difference from the others. Very little overhang from above. 2 chairs and a nice table on the balcony. No footstools. We did have some water stay on the balcony by the door but not a real problem. Cabin was in great shape and the 11th floor is very quiet. There was a small lounge area by the elevator with 4 chairs and a table that we frequently used when waiting for others. The aft stairs and elevators are very convenient.