1st time driving to Port - what is different?

Jane2357

I'm now living in Ft Myers and will be driving down to Miami the a.m. of sailing with a friend. I have been advised to park at the port - take the shuttle and go from there. Here are my questions.

1. I have a medical situation and cannot lift heavy objects - I'm happy to park and take the shuttle but will the driver (for a good tip) lift my luggage? Or should I drop my friend off with our luggage and then me take the shuttle back?

2. When we disembark - how does us not having a flight to catch affect our disembarking time? Do we get off earlier or later? (we cannot carry off our luggage)

Thank you for any suggestions, advise!

I'm now living in Ft Myers and will be driving down to Miami the a.m. of sailing with a friend. I have been advised to park at the port - take the shuttle and go from there. Here are my questions.

1. I have a medical situation and cannot lift heavy objects - I'm happy to park and take the shuttle but will the driver (for a good tip) lift my luggage? Or should I drop my friend off with our luggage and then me take the shuttle back?

2. When we disembark - how does us not having a flight to catch affect our disembarking time? Do we get off earlier or later? (we cannot carry off our luggage)

Thank you for any suggestions, advise!

If u park at the port, drop off luggage with porters, park car & walk into terminal. No shuttle that I know off.

You can take your time and enjoy breakfast the last morning until they kick you off the ship since you don't have a flight to catch. Most terminals have porters that will help you pick-up your bags and assist you outside. They work for tips and are worth it with your medical situation.

See the above answers for embarkation.

For disembarking you will be later since you don't have a flight to catch, but you can walk right off the ship into customs, get a porter, he will load your luggage onto a cart, he will walk you to your car and put your luggage in.

We sailed out of Miami on the Liberty 2 years ago and we were on the road back to the Tampa area at 8:30 AM. :D

It all depends when the ship gets into port and how quickly customs releases it to disembark.

Awwwe...

OP lives in Fort Myers, I live in Fort Myers area (Cape Coral)

Mondella is from Columbus, Ohio......I am from Columbus, Ohio....

OP, do you have a handicapped thing for your car for your medical condition? I heard, maybe someone can verify, that you get free parking with a habdicapped thingy for your car......and it is right across the driveway from the port, so easy to walk to.....

Archived