Excursion recommendations ???

Elorahd

My sister and I are going to Belize, Cozumel, and Roatan the first week of January on Royal. I've done some reading on these boards but most of the stuff was at least two years old so I thought I'd write and see if I could get some updated info. We're looking to make the most of our trip, doing the best things in each port. I like things in the air - zip lining, parasailing. She likes to scuba dive. We're both interested in the cave tubing and I think the ruins would be cool if it's a highly recommended tour. We both also like animals and gardens. So, where should we start? What's the best thing to do on each island? Don't worry, I'm posting this on the other port threads too. Thanks!

My sister and I are going to Belize, Cozumel, and Roatan the first week of January on Royal. I like things in the air - zip lining, parasailing. She likes to scuba dive. We're both interested in the cave tubing and I think the ruins would be cool if it's a highly recommended tour. We both also like animals and gardens. !

The only place you can do cave-tubing really is Belize. Quite a distance from the dock, so no time for much else. But scuba is great there as well. Wonderful barrier reef.

We were in Belize a couple of weeks ago on the Dream. We did the zoo and city tour offered by Carnival. It was excellent. The zoo only contains animals/birds/reptiles native to Belize in a jungle setting. We also enjoyed the information presented about the country on the bus ride to the zoo. We had time after this tour to visit the chocolate store in the tourist village and make our own chocolate bars!

Two years ago we did the Altun Ha/River Wallace tour offered by Carnival. We were picked up at the tourist village by a boat and then travelled down the river. We did see some different types of animals along the way. We had lunch at a resort on the river, then were bussed to Altun Ha for a tour of the Mayan ruins. This was also an excellent tour but took the full day with no extra time to shop.

We did the snorkel trip to Goff's Caye through Eco tours.

Ecotours office is inside the port area and you can wait till you're at the port to book it. Goff's is tiny island, they take you around the reef to snorkel and spend about 45 minutes on the island.

If you get to port and it's too windy then you can do the Cave Tubing which you can book while at the port as well.

There's great scuba diving in Roatan, we booked with Bannanarama, because they'll include the cost of transportation.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm reading through all these excursion threads and see nothing about horseback riding. This is what my sister chose to do in Belize, I'm a bit concerned.....why is this so unpopular or rare? Cave tubing was my 1st choice, but since I insisted on the Dolphin adventure in Cozumel I agreed with what she wanted to do. Any thoughts AT ALL on the HB riding :confused:

We did the cave tubing, but with that excursion you aren't left with much time for anything else. Because you are ferried over from the ship, you'll end up in a long line to get back.

After our excursion was over we had time to hit up a few of the shops and then waited in line for about an hour to get back on the ship. Live music on the pier was helpful. lol

Archived