Advise please - Celebration v Majesty

Gelbel

Having decided I can't wait until early 2014 for a Caribbean cruise, I've just seen the Adriatic Explorer / Pearls Of The Aegean cruise next September on the Majesty.

Having just come back from the Celebration, I'd love comparisons between her and the Majesty (which the cruise would be on). We'd go for lowest (cheapest) outside cabins if anyone wants to comment on cabins.

Thanks.

If I were you I would stick with the Celebration, we were on the Majesty in May and were disappointed with it, I won't go into details as it will bring out an army of trolls again, but we have booked the Celebration again for next May and the Dream in August, both of which in our opinion are far superior ships.

We did the Adriatic/Aegean B2B on the Spirit in 2010 and whilst I would love to go back & do the itinerary from reports I have read, I really would not do that itinerary until they put it on another ship - cabins would be too small for us (4 in a cabin) and entertainment lounge doesn't sound like what we like on the Thomson ships or the restaurants - we have already booked on the Celebration Black Sea for next year but if the Celebration had been doing the Adriatic, we would have booked that instead!

We're just back from Majesty, we upgraded to inside plus cabin, and were very pleased with the size of it, but we had a good look at the smaller cabins, and to be honest I think we'd go for one of them the next time and pay the £39 to secure a mid-ship one. We are only in our cabin for washing and sleeping, but if you tend to spend alot of time in your cabin then go for the plus, also if there are more than 2 of you I'd advise a plus cabin.

The show lounge is ok if your in early enough and get some of the better seats, certainly if entertainment is one of your main priorities, go for one of the other ships, but the itinerary is one of the best we've been on. There's a few nights that you don't sail till 10 or 11pm, so maybe like us you'll spend the evening onshore rather than on the ship.

I'd certainly not hesitate to go back on the Majesty again, if the itinerary and price was right.

Enjoy

Archived