Evening schedules - On-board Entertainment

Blucruise25

Total newbie here, so your help in understanding the big picture will be helpful! What do evenings on board ship look like?

We have an 8:45 schedule for dinner in the MDR. That's a little later than we would normally eat. For us at home, it's usually more like between 7:00 and 8:00 pm. I know we can get pre-dinner eats in several ways, so that's not my concern. It's more about the evening entertainment schedules.

Can somebody tell me how the schedules work for evening entertainment? We're interested in seeing the shows, and wonder how that will work out with our dinner time schedule.

Also - we're assuming there is no additional charge for the shows. Am I wrong about this?

There is a main show in the theater every night. They have two performances each night and they are scheduled around the two fixed dining times so you'll have no problems seeing one of them. Every night the show scheduled for those at the first seating starts after dinner, around 9PM. The show scheduled for the second seating changes times: Most nights it is before dinner around 7PM but on formal nights, and occasional on other nights as well, it is after dinner around 10 PM.

There is no charge for any entrainment on board. There is entrainment in several lounge areas around the ship throughout the evening and the waiters there will frequently ask if you'd like to order a beverage but it is fine to sit there and enjoy yourself even if you are not ordering anything at all.

In addition to the shows and lounge music there are other entertainment events most nights including things like karaoke, a dance competition fashioned after the Dancing with the Starts TV show but featuring passengers paired with ship's officers, parties which usually start out with entertainment by the ship's dancers and singers and other events.

Archived