Should I be Concerned About Jewel of the Seas

cleob

DH and I are looking to do another Southern Cabbibean Cruise in Winter, 2014. Hubby doesn't like the super large ships so we've mainly sailed Serenade. Loved that ship but it will no longer be doing the Southern route when we plan to go. The reviews I've read on Jewel are rather mixed. Does anyone know if the ship has been refurbished lately and is it showing signs of wear and tear?

Jewel is the same class as Serenade, so you find her quite familiar. We found her to be in terrific condition and she's not scheduled for a dry dock for quite some time ( 2014 I think!) so they must feel she's still in good shape too. Ive got lots of photos in my sig, so you can see for yorself. I'm wondering about these " bad" reviews,:confused: the reviews I've seen for Jewel are consistently positive, she appears to be a favorite among loyal cruisers( and I'd agree- after sailing all the classes at least once, she's near the top for me!)

Good luck making your choices!

DH and I are looking to do another Southern Cabbibean Cruise in Winter, 2014. Hubby doesn't like the super large ships so we've mainly sailed Serenade. Loved that ship but it will no longer be doing the Southern route when we plan to go. The reviews I've read on Jewel are rather mixed. Does anyone know if the ship has been refurbished lately and is it showing signs of wear and tear?

We just returned from 28 days aboard Jewel and since she was the last in the Radiance class to be put into service she is in great shape. The staff and crew are wonderful.

She will be the last in the Radiance class to get enhancements and that won't be until sometime in 2014.

We loved this ship. Entertainment, staff, food, wiait staff Itinerary, Cruise Director, which OK this is just down to luck but out of all the ships we have been on this is my favourite by far. Absolutely no negative points at all. I would not hesitate sailing on her again Diamond Lounge or not and I am Diamond status.

We just returned from 28 days aboard Jewel and since she was the last in the Radiance class to be put into service she is in great shape. The staff and crew are wonderful.

She will be the last in the Radiance class to get enhancements and that won't be until sometime in 2014.

But I have to mention to you Patti, that your DGD, ( in your avatar) is adorable and sooo grown up! Where did that baby go ? Love her little hat;)

We did a Jewel TA in 2009, so awhile ago. I agree with the others it is a beautiful ship, same class as the Serenade. Also, the Captain is wonderful. He is probably the only captain I remember from our cruises. He was very personable. His positive attitude trickled down to the staff and makes for an

enjoyable cruise experience.

Our first time on the Jewel was this past February. I actually liked her more than Brilliance, her sister ship, although I can't really explain why--I think it was a combination of the staff and itinerary--but--we enjoyed the ship so much we are sailing her again in Feburary 2013!

I have to agree with Patti, save for one thing that we felt a bit lacking on this last Jewel cruise, which was the food.

It was nothing that we could put our fingers on, but both my DW and I felt that there was a bit of blandness.

The ship itself remains in great condition, with a wonderful crew!!;)

Rick

Archived