Transportation From Hallendale to Port Everglades

tarheelmjfan

We'll be staying in Hallendale pre & post cruise. We'll have a car, but alternate transportation seems to be more convenient. Does anyone have suggestions for the cheapest way to get to & from PE from Hallendale Beach Blvd? Are there any car services that pick up there? If a cab or car service will cost a lot more than parking at the port, how would my DH drop off the luggage at the port then park our van? What's the cheapest parking option for a 10 night cruise? Sorry for all the questions. :o TIA

You should be able to do Park n Go for about $7 night with advance booking on their site. That $70 wouldn't be too much more than total cab for both directions. You would just show up at their lot, transfer luggage from car to shuttle van, which meets you at the car, and then take it off the van and hand it over to the porters. This is how I'd do it. But you can also drive in to the port, drop the luggage off, and go back to PnG, which is just off Eller right outside the port gates at the east end of I-595.

In the other thread, you mentioned the difference in cab fare from the Westin Diplomat or Crowne Plaza compared to where you are staying. I would say, given you say you are on Hallendale Beach Blvd, that the cab fare wouldn't be much different at all. You have to go west to US1 at some point anyway from those hotels, and we drove west on Hallendale from the Crowne Plaza, rather than going north to Hollywood or Sheridan. It's all a similarly distanced route, dependant more I think on ease of right turns rather than lefts depending on where you are coming from. We had a rental car, so I don't know cab fare first hand, but I have seen several mentions over time of the $30-35 range.

Archived