Castaway sail and snorkel catamaran

misguidedangel

Well, I decided that St. Thomas was one of the islands I hadn't done a water tour on, so I opted to pick one there. I chose the catamaran tour cuz it looked like fun. Well, it was fun!!!!

The sail out was under power, but the waves were getting a little too high and 10-15 minutes before getting to Buck Island we had to sit down...no worries....it was fun riding the waves on the catamaran.....The snorkeling was amazing. We didn't get to see any rays or turtles, but a jellyfish and baracuda decided to come on by along with the other fish. The two deck hands/guides were really nice and ya, kinda cute (this cougar is still on the prowl *BG*). The snorkeling was around an hour, it didn't seem like it, and the sail back with some motor assistance was so much fun....those boys know how to make rum punch.....needless to say after an hour on the sail back I was quite happy and the sunburn pain wasn't so bad......

One note to remember is the tour departs from a dock beside Yacht Haven, so if your ship is docked at the very end it will be a LONG walk; middle, it will be a little long; and if the ship is in the first berth the walk isn't so bad.....the Liberty was docked at the 3rd berth.....so it was a long walk.........I didn't mind....good way to work off the extra caloric intake....*BG*

Anyone looking for a fun sail and snorkeling tour in St. Thomas, this is a good one to choose!!!!!!

I was supposed to find the CVS after the tour to get a stronger sunblock and sunburn cream, but decided that nah, my sunburn (nearly second degree sunburn) wasn't so bad.....I managed to get rum and went back to the ship, and no, I don't bother dropping the booze off at the table, I just head to the elevators and go back to my cabin...I'm not going to drink it if I'm buying it as a gift for someone........

Archived