Explorer-OS vs. GS suites

We have been in GS on Explorer - never in OS - having said that - what I know is the GS balcony is larger -

The OS has a separate walk in shower

The OS cabin is larger - TV is larger and swivel

OS has dining table - GS does not

OS has larger sofa

wish I could think of other things however - both receive the same perks - OH and most important - OS costs alot more! :)

planning a trip on Explorer and deciding between Owner's Suite and Grand suite...any info about either room???

We had connecting Grand Suites on the Explorer this summer......here's a video so you can get an idea of the space.

Dotsie

thanks...looks nice!:)

do you think 1 room would be good for 2 adults and 2 kids (10 and 4)? does the sofa pull out into a double?

We never used the pull out couch so I can't tell you about how comfortable it is but I do know that the 4 of you will be fine in the Grand Suite.

There is also a privacy curtain that you can see tucked away during the day in this photo on the left. You can't see much of the curtain but you can see the track.

2530564640096597382S600x600Q85.jpg

Dotsie

thanks...looks nice!:)

do you think 1 room would be good for 2 adults and 2 kids (10 and 4)? does the sofa pull out into a double?

It is plenty of room in the GS for the four of you! We had four ladies in a gs a few years ago....we loved the balcony. We had our room attendant keep the sofa out in the bed for our ladies so they were able to come and nap whenever....we had plenty of room...loads of closet space...large bathroom.

Unless the OS is close to price of the gs...personally I would keep the GS. I haven't stayed in an OS but our friends have and we have been in their cabin. While big in space can be much more in cost. Go with which you feel more comfortable with.

how many people did you have in the room?..it would be me, dh, dd (10) and dd(4):)

we sailed NCL on concierge and had the perk of breakfast and lunch in speciality restaurant...do they do that on Royal Caribbean too?

We have been in GS 2x - just me and DH however - daughter and son in law had GS with our 2 grandsons age 4 & 2 at the time and they were fine. The sofa bed does pull out to a double bed and your 2 girls should be fine sleeping there.

I have to agree, while I would love to experience the OS once, for the price difference I am VERY happy with the GS and you should have plenty of space.

Explorer had breakfast in Portofino's - not sure about lunch - don't think so.

You also can order anything served in the dining room from room service during dining room hours - dining room is closed on port days but If I remember correctly suite room service is a little more extensive than regular room service and no charge even during "chargable" hours

They are called the Trinidad, Martinque, and Guadaloupe Suites

they are next to Royal Suite and Grand Suites Deck 10

Owner suites have a larger couch configuration than Grand Suite

(a sectional with a sette ) also they have a dining table w/ 2 chairs

Walk in closet and swivel flat screen

All have door bells!

Looked at both suites other than sq footage size NOT much difference

but price is usually much more...

Yes! breakfast in Portfino is quiet and enjoyable a plus both suites are offered it.

Gold sea pass in both...

Go to Utube and many people have posted videos you can see first hand

the difference Explorer Cabin 1288 Grand Suite /vs Owners Suite

Say hi to Mario your concierge host he is FANTASTIC!!!!

He is out ot please! A Wonderful host who will make your cruise memorable!

We were spoiled on NCL and DCL....ncl has a butler/concierge and we got a 2 bedroom for less than price of the gs...got to have bfast and lunch in cagneys (the specialty steak restaurant-truffle fries to die for..). DCL of course had wonderful rooms...great size..and of course Disney service..can't go wrong with that. I think once you have tasted suite life, you can't go back..

:D

I have sailed in both an OS and a GS. It was just my late husband and I and while I loved having all that space in the OS and do not regret going in it, I am not sure I would "need" to look at an OS. We had booked the GS for the second time but when there was a price drop a few weeks later, the OS was only $50 more so we went ahead and had the TA change it for us.

I would have preferred having two televisions in the cabin instead of one larger one. I'm not sure it matters WHICH GS or OS you pick, but if you like lying feeling that you are moving forward you might want to look at the layout. We were in 1256 (would take it again) and 1298.

If you go to cruisedeckplans dot com you can see photos of different cabins on different ships. There is a small one-time fee to access this site but it is well worth it.

You can even drag one deck plan onto another deck plan to see what is directly above or below the cabin you are thinking of.

I joined this site years ago and never regretted it. I use it all the time when booking a cruise.

We were in 1560 other side from 1288

Problem you will find with ALL GS suites they are right below pool

deck and you will hear noise occasionally from

movement of chairs above you...

Since most of the GS suites are a bit forward we did occasionally

hear chairs being moved.

If you look at deck plan you might actually be below Solarium Pool

when we docked in Bermuda you will be on the side where you can see the entire Dockyards and beautiful sunsets.... Watch as the ship ties up and leaves port.

Last summer we were on Explorer in a balcony cabin deck 10 going on 9 day Caribbean Cruise

for some reason we were extremely forward and NEVER heard any noise

it was very quiet...

I really don't think you will have any issues!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived