Band 'True Identity' on the Pride

tarps14

There have been a few questions regarding the band 'True Identity' on the Pride. They will be on there until next March. They play in the Jazz Lounge below the Piano Bar and are fantastic! They play music from the 70's all the way to current top 40. Probably the best band I've heard on a cruise ship (and that's saying a lot since we've been on 22 of them now). Check 'em out.

I agree that Starry Nights was overly smokey but we made it work by sitting out in the promenade area by the fountain and listening from there. My DH was able to run into the sports bar and check scores while my daughter and I listened to music and talked. We were there just about every night this last cruise.

Interesting tidbit.......found out that when the band is home in the Philippines, the actual Steve Perry (of Journey fame) has been known to jam with them. They play a great deal of Journey music (of which I was a huge fan of during my teen years) and do it really, really well.

I agree that Starry Nights was overly smokey but we made it work by sitting out in the promenade area by the fountain and listening from there. My DH was able to run into the sports bar and check scores while my daughter and I listened to music and talked. We were there just about every night this last cruise.

Interesting tidbit.......found out that when the band is home in the Philippines, the actual Steve Perry (of Journey fame) has been known to jam with them. They play a great deal of Journey music (of which I was a huge fan of during my teen years) and do it really, really well.

Sounds good--thanks for the very interesting band info (we love Journey, too) and the alternative you discovered to avoid the overly smoky Starry Nights. I'm getting excited--cruising on the Pride in 31 days. Thanks for your post!

Sounds good--thanks for the very interesting band info (we love Journey, too) and the alternative you discovered to avoid the overly smoky Starry Nights. I'm getting excited--cruising on the Pride in 31 days. Thanks for your post!

Save some fun for me. I sail her right after you.

Archived