2006 HAL to Alaska info?

crusingici

I have checked with the only 2 Travel Agencies in my town and neither have the 2006 HAL travel planner that I read about from a post. One TA did not know what I was talking about - said it must be the color-coded schedule she pulled up on the web? The other TA said they ordered some and were sent the 2005 books and that the 2006 info will not be out till August.

Does anyone here know for sure?

Does that mean nothing can be reserved for an Alaskan cruise on HAL for 2006 till August????

I don't understand why HAL is so much later than apparently the other companies are in releasing tour pricing and iteniaries.

I have never cruised before so I must be missing something!

Anyone else have info on 2006 HAL?

Thanks!

Gici

I'm waiting for the specifics also. I was told onboard the Volendam last week it would be unvailable until June or July. I'll just keep checking.

Most of the other lines (Princess, NCL, Carnival, etc.) released their information about 2-3 weeks ago.

B

As I said on another post - I have had the 2006 HAL Cruise Planner since at least early March (2005) and it includes both the Alaska Cruises and Alaska Cruisetours for 2006. It is a glossy booklet of 43 pages. It has the dates, itineraries and ships for 2006, along with picture maps of the routes and ports. While it does not have prices, I was able to get prices from my TA at that time. In March we made reservations for an October 2006 cruise.

If you TA does not have one - why not ask for one directly from HAL - either by phone or internet? I do not understand why your TA did not even offer to get one for you.

I picked up a 2006 Cruise Planner on the Oosterdam last week (at the Front Office) and all the 2006 Alaska shedules and itineraries are in it! You should be able to make reservations for any cruise shown in the planner! If your TA says different, I'd look for another TA! We booked an Oct 2006 cruise several months ago. :)

Disneydestroyer

Interesting response since the ships, itineraries and dates were all pubically listed since at least the beginning of March in the 2006 Cruise Planner.

Maybe they are referring to the Alaska Cruises/Cruisetour Booklet specifically devoted to Alaska 2006?

Disneydestroyer

Interesting response since the ships, itineraries and dates were all pubically listed since at least the beginning of March in the 2006 Cruise Planner.

Maybe they are referring to the Alaska Cruises/Cruisetour Booklet specifically devoted to Alaska 2006?

Dunno - but when I called HAL directly he acted like I was nuts saying I'd seen on the boards that others have them in hand! He said mid June the info should be released.........

When we were on the Volendam in March we got a 2006 Planner and Alaska was listed. While we were away, our TA has been checking with HAL concerning prices and making reservations. Seattle told our TA that the pricing should be available this Thursday - May 26th.

I will be curious if HAL's website will show the prices or if our TA has to call Seattle again to get prices.

Archived