balcony guarantee

gypsyrose

I booked balcony guarantee and was PROMISED there was no chance of having a balcony with obstructed view. Someone told me you could be moved to a higher floor but an inside room. Surely that is not so, my understanding is it will definitely be a balcony on lowest level and possibly a higher floor. I know we will love having a balcony for the first time but would hate to look at a life boat. Has this ever happened to anyone?

If you booked a balcony guarantee, you will get an 8A balcony or higher. If you booked a guarantee in a higher balcony category, you will get that category or higher. You won't be looking at a lifeboat. Relax and look forward to your cruise!! (Your travel agent should have explained this to you!)

If you booked a balcony guarantee, you will get an 8A balcony or higher. If you booked a guarantee in a higher balcony category, you will get that category or higher. You won't be looking at a lifeboat. Relax and look forward to your cruise!! (Your travel agent should have explained this to you!)

But on ships that have a category 7 cabin, and you book a BL Guarantee rather than an 8A guarantee, don't you risk getting a 7 obstructed view balcony???

On the Glory there are no 7A obstructed balconies. I understand some of the other Carnival fleet do have the obstructed..but since this is a Glory cruise 8A will be the minimum and no obstruction....have fun! Have the baclony gty myself on the Glory September 3.

On the Glory there are no 7A obstructed balconies. I understand some of the other Carnival fleet do have the obstructed..but since this is a Glory cruise 8A will be the minimum and no obstruction....have fun! Have the baclony gty myself on the Glory September 3.

That is correct, the Spirit class ships do have obstructed view balconies... I just didn't want others to read that and think it was an "across the board" kind of thing...

goincruisin: I think you are the one who set me straight on this earlier and I appreciate it! It seems one is able to get more accurate information here than through a travel agent. At least that has been my experience. And I sincerely do thank you!

goincruisin: I think you are the one who set me straight on this earlier and I appreciate it! It seems one is able to get more accurate information here than through a travel agent. At least that has been my experience. And I sincerely do thank you!

I'm glad I could be of help!!!!! I agree, sometimes it is better to ask here, most of the people here are the "horse's mouth" (while others are the horse's... oh wait, i can't say that can I??? LOL!!!!) :D

I hope you have a fabulous cruise!!!!!!!!

I have been assured by multiple people at Carnival that booking a balcony guarantee on the Miracle (Spirit-class) guarantees 8A and above, not category 7 (obstructed view). If you book through someone else, it depends on what they consider a balcony guarantee, may be just category 8 and higher, may include 7 too. Make sure you ask when you book what they consider a balcony guarantee as. On a kind of related note, we booked a balcony guarantee on the Miracle for July and were given category 8I, which we're very excited about!

• 3 weeks later...

We have 8A Guar on Miracle. Have read some posts that if upgraded might get extended balcony with possibility of a not great view forward or rearward if at the end of the extended balcony areas- because of recess of cabin.

I'd rather have a very clear view in all directions than an extended balcony or a balcony on a dirfferent deck (decks don't matter to us), with view problems.

Would we be better to get cabin assignment for 8A or chance the upgrade and maybe a view issue? Upgrade sounds nice but don't want to risk a view problem.

Personally, I'd rather book a specific cabin. I've done the guarantee thing twice. First time I was not upgraded. Second time I went from a 1A to a 4C but I wasn't crazy about the location of the 4C.

It's all a matter of preference. If location is more important to you, book a specific cabin. If it doesn't matter (you don't mind more movement, more walking, noise), book a guarantee. Some folks have gotten terrific upgrades.

That's what I did with the Conquest sailing on September 25th...I'll be very anxious to see if I land on Deck 8..or get bumped up higher. I also made sure that my PVP knew and denoted this was a honeymoon cruise in hopes that we'll get a great upgrade...but if we don't, we'll enjoy the balcony we have, for sure!

On the conquest ships..the 8A is a great balcony...honestly sometimes even better than a higher deck. I guarantee that you will enjoy the balcony and never want to go back to anything else! Have fun and congratulations!

We booked balcony gtee cabins with the couple we were traveling with. We received cabins down the hall from each other. The other couple was upset because we didn't get cabins next to each other and I explained that is what can happen with gtee cabins (we did get adjoingin cabins when we did the same thing on Princess) but they are blaming our TA. Do TAs really have any control over that or does Carnival do what they want? The ship was full so no chance to change once the cabins were assigned - believe me, they tried.

Kyle: P{lease make sure both your cabins are linked together so you can eat dinner together.

I dont think your agent has anything to do with your cabins being farthr apart

. THGe cabins inbetween may have been booked with people booking spoecific cabins. Or they hold more people that what you have booked. But please do call that agent and make sure both booking numbers are together.

We sailed CCL Elation on 5/1 and booked a Cat 11 suite guarantee. We were assigned a balcony with an obstructed view. We knew this was a possibility so that was not our concern. Our concern was the balcony next to us did NOT have an obstructed view. The couple in that room had booked an outside window guarantee! Shouldn't those that PAID for the balcony room receive the unobstructed view and those that recd an actual upgrade from the outside window get the obstructed view?

We are currently disputing this with Carnival through our travel agent. The ship was full the week of our sailing so of course there was nothing that could be done while onboard.

oh Cheri-- yes, thats quite sad and that is one I would not let go. The people who booked an oceanview guarantee should have got the obstructed view. (unless they paid more for their window then you did for your suite.) Dont be surprised if they com eback and tell you this.

Even if they did pay more for their window they still should have recd the obstructed view. It's not about how much is paid it's about what category room is booked. We booked a cat 11 suite balcony guarantee and should get the unobstructed view. I should not be penalized because perhaps they got a bad price from their travel agent and paid more than I did. They booked a window guarantee which is a lower category than we did. Plain and simple in my opinion......

We are already back from our Valor cruise. Our bookings were linked together because we did eat together. We had hoped our cabins would be together but no luck. The people in the cabins near us were all with larger groups so didn't want to change cabins. Our TA called Carnival several times before we cruised but we didn't get changed. Oh well, we had a great time anyway and were only 11 cabins apart. Didn't bother my husband and myself but the other couple were kind of bummed.

I was just wondering how much control a TA had over that - they blamed him. We liked saving the $$ more :-)

First time on the Legend we booked a 8A gty and got a 8D,we travelled with another couple and they were given a cabin next to us although the TA warned we may not be near each other -very lucky I guess. Obstructed views were 7A so no chance of getting that.

Second time we booked 2 cabins, 6A gty (OV-window) and got (2) 7A obstructed view balcony cabins right next to each other. My TA warned at booking we may not be near each other and my 22 yr. old son replied 'that's what phones are for', !! so wise ... ;) BTW, we enjoyed the obstructed view anyway .. could see a lot and it was a bargain for what we paid, $200 p/person savings from 6A to 7A!!

In both instances we were assigned the same table for dinner. Just check with the Maitre'd upon boarding; 1st time was given a table for 6 -us 4 plus 2 strangers so we requested and received a table for us 4 only (it was important to us but not for all).

Archived