PEI mussels

maremike

Anywhere in Charlottetown. It's almost impossible to get less than wonderful mussels. We've eaten them in at least 5 different places and they were all delicious. :) There are a number of casual, easy restaurants within short walking distance of the dock.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

For what its worth, we lunched at Water-Prince Corner Shop at the corner of, you guessed it, Water and Prince. We enjoyed a dozen outstanding Malpeque oysters on the half-shell ($16.95) and a pot of Blue Mussels ($9.95). But we weren't done yet. We had to find a source for the famous P.E.I. lobsters as well. One block from the ship, right on the water, is a restaurant called Lobster on the Wharf. It's great if you want a sit down meal with all the trimmings and a price to match. The real prize is next door at MacKinnon's Lobster Pound. It's in the same building and owned by the same folks. As you approach the restaurant, the door to the right takes you into Lobster on the Wharf, while the door on the left takes you into MacKinnon's Lobster Pound. You can buy 1.00lb-1.25lb cooked and chilled whole P.E.I. lobsters for just $7.75 each and they will crack them for free (and give you a free plastic lobster pick to help get the meat out). We bought two, which they bagged for us, and walked over to the picnic table in the park next door. No need for drawn butter! The chilled lobster meat was the sweetest lobster we ate the entire cruise. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. I have to go back!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived