room assignments why so secret

omw279

My DH and I booked a guaranteed OV on our next cruise next week. I can't wait to find out if the cabin number on the back of our sail and sign card is our actual cabin. We personally don't care, because we have not been disappointed in any cabin we have had. Though, this time our two oldest children (8 and 6) are going with us. They will be happy with any kind of window and a pool on board! Everything else is lagniappe!

Cotton, I just wanted to say hello from Long Beach, MS. Hi, neighbor!:)

I really did not mean to stir up so much controversy. Wow. My only point was that if I was able to find my room assignment with the help of the terrific people of these boards. Why wont carnival reveal it. Those of us that book a guarentee understand that our room assignment may not be available until boarding. We are getting a better rate and allowing Carnival to pick our room. I understand!!!!! I Understand!!!!

However, if the room is assigned early what is the secret.

Thanks All

OMW

I really did not mean to stir up so much controversy. Wow. My only point was that if I was able to find my room assignment with the help of the terrific people of these boards. Why wont carnival reveal it. Those of us that book a guarentee understand that our room assignment may not be available until boarding. We are getting a better rate and allowing Carnival to pick our room. I understand!!!!! I Understand!!!!

Thanks All

OMW

As stated a couple of times in this thread, you may be able to secretly find it, but that cabin can change up until the date of sailing... and it does happen. So why would Carnival give you a cabin number knowing it could change and knowing the wrath they would hear when it does change???? When you sneak around to find the number, it is not guaranteed to stay that way... anything can change. I know, I know... I don't make sense :D

Honestly, I like that they dont tell us for sure. What else would I do with my spare time if I wasnt constantly checking the sign in page, the fun pass page and the gift page? It's the chase not the capture.

OMW

its a secret coz they want to keep you guessing. My last guarantee was the legend-- Iwillnolonger take a guarantee coz Icant stand the stress. I found my cabin assignment changed 4 times in the last 6 weeks of cruising. I booked an oceanview... i got an oceanview located right beside the show lounge- then got a cat 7a. upgraded to a balcony woo hoo I was in cruising heaven... only to find out the week before we cruised that i got what I paid for an oceanview cabin. (sure I ws happy in any cabin but after seeing I was in a balcony the let down-- its surely one I can not describe.

Melody- if I book with Princess and I get a quarantee cabin they tell me right then what the cabin # will be?? if I dont like it can I change it? How does Princess work? (I am looking for aug 2006 on a princess)

Cotton, I just wanted to say hello from Long Beach, MS. Hi, neighbor!:)

Well, Hi yourself!:) Nice to see a fellow coastian on the board. There have been very few of us, one or two from O.S. I know your little ones must be so excited! Which ship will y'all be sailing on?

Thank you for your help in this matter. Your first reply did not mention the fact that carnival has the right to change your assignment and the the room number I found is not necessarily the room I will have. However lighten up. It was just a simple question

Omw

Well, Hi yourself!:) Nice to see a fellow coastian on the board. There have been very few of us, one or two from O.S. I know your little ones must be so excited! Which ship will y'all be sailing on?

DH and I have done the Holiday and the Conquest. We absolutely loved both, but my husband and I had more fun on the Holiday. I think it was due to the smaller size of the ship. We decided to check out some of the other Carnival ships, and we picked the Miracle due to its ports of call. When we went on the Conquest, we weren't able to get off the ship in Grand Cayman, so we wanted to go there and Belize. I hope it is worth the long drive to Tampa!!!!:) The kids are excited, but they are still in school until this Friday. I work at Gulfport High, so I have been enjoying a couple of days of relative quiet (with only the littlest one at home with me!)

Archived