RCL Kennedy Space Center tour

It's 7 years later... has anyone done this tour recently? Is the actual airport drop-off time still about 3:15pm? Trying to figure out if we could make a 4:07pm flight with no luggage to check in. Thanks!

1 hour ago, DirtyDawg said:

No idea about this tour but here is a link which might help. 

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/asr/buildSearch.do?componentType=shorex

Thanks for the link, but that doesn't help at all because I already know what the official tour description states. What I need is for one or more travelers who have taken the tour recently to report what time their bus arrived at the airport. If the bus typically arrives at 3:15pm or earlier, that's workable. But if the bus tends to arrive after 3:30pm, that won't work for us. Disembarkation tour descriptions are always overly safe when it comes to timing, so they often provide enough detail to make an informed decision.

I'm looking for advice from people who have actually experienced this tour rather than from those who have "no idea" about it or just want to comment on how old the original thread is. I didn't need to create a new thread because this one already existed and dealt with the exact subject matter I was looking for. Creating multiple threads about a single subject just makes it more difficult for people to find an answer when searching.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, pinnacle_king2023 said:

How much is this tour? I'm thinking about doing it. I've never been to the space center in Orlando 

It's $119 per adult if booked onboard, currently $113 online pre-cruise. 6-hour tour leaving at 8:30am on disembarkation day.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ReubenR said:

I'm looking for advice from people who have actually experienced this tour rather than from those who have "no idea" about it or just want to comment on how old the original thread is. I didn't need to create a new thread because this one already existed and dealt with the exact subject matter I was looking for. Creating multiple threads about a single subject just makes it more difficult for people to find an answer when searching.

I do not know anything about this tour. I hope at that price it is AMAZING. I love space and work on CCSFS and have free access to KSC. I would have SERIOUS concerns about getting to Orlando airport with less than 2 hours prior to flight time. The local news often has stories about the delays at the airport due to the security lines.

15 minutes ago, wayne_trisha said:

There is no space center in Orlando. It is on the coast at Kennedy Space Center.

You’re splitting hairs… it’s only 45 miles east of Orlando. We all knew what she meant. The Kennedy Space Center is on Merritt Island, just northwest of Cape Canaveral. Saying the space center is at the space center is just as vague.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, RichardRahl said:

You’re splitting hairs… it’s only 45 miles east of Orlando. We all knew what she meant. The Kennedy Space Center is on Merritt Island, just northwest of Cape Canaveral. Saying the space center is at the space center is just as vague.

Not all of us knew what she meant or I would not have posted. Just like you said KSC is on Merritt Island and is not in Orlando. 

You and your luggage disembark the ship and get on a tour bus at 8:30am which takes you on a 6-hour tour of Kennedy Space Center, then transports you to your airline terminal at the Orlando airport (MCO).

If you have a cruise booked, you can find detailed information about this tour and others by logging in and viewing Shore Excursions available for your sailing.