Onboard Market & Cooking Class Timing?

wristband

I am considering this for Livorno. Description:walk to town market, shop for staples, return to ship and "later that afternoon" have a private cooking class. Tour is 5.25 hours.

If you have taken this excursion here or in Cadiz, does the class collectively produce lunch? Or, do we break for lunch once back onboard, then regroup later that afternoon in the Culinary Center for class?

Each class was roughly 2 hours, 4pm to 6pm -- we ate (and drank) as we worked. By the time we got done with our Greek cooking class in Corfu, we were so stuffed that we never went to dinner that evening.

BTW, both of the culinary tours I did included a large lunch on-shore as part of the tour. The descriptions did not make that clear (or if they did, I missed it so the lunches came as a pleasant surprise to me).

Chef Kelly was excellent...but for me personally the classes were more "entertainment" than instruction. That doesn't mean I didn't thoroughly enjoy myself though. :)

Archived