Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel?

dmk

I just won this on Priceline. I am interested to know any information from people who have stayed there.

Did you like it?

What was the pool area like?

Does the water taxi stop anywhere near there?

won this same hotel last year in November. Nice hotel. There are a couple buildings, but all nice room, just some further to walk. Pool looked very nice and also the outside bar. Unfortunately we were not there long enough to use it.

We did walk the beach quite a way and watch the ships leave. Wasn't bad however it was very windy and made for a long way back.

Curious how much you bid and for what time frame? We got first part of November last year for $80. Tried bidding for over a week this year (same time frame) and didn't do any good. Went up to $90 and still couldn't snag it. Ended up going down to 3* and lowering price. Not going to be there till after 6 and we head to ship early, so tried to save money. Still wish we would have gotten Sheraton.

Water taxi was awesome!!

Is there a wine store near by the Sheraton Beach Hotel? Thanks?

The closest is there is a small liquor store on Las Olas Blvd between A1A and the intracoastal, about 8 blocks away. You could take the Suntrolley south to Total Wine in Harbor Shops.

We have stayed at the hotel a couple of years ago and thought it was terrific. However, there are three components to the hotel the largest being across the the street from the beach. The trick is to get a room on the beach side of the street. Although we had won the room on Priceline we phoned the hotel and they very kindly gave us a corner room over looking the beach; the room which was really quite lovely. The only reservation we have about the hotel is that other the funky Bahia Cabana across the street, the location is a bit distant from restaurants.

We have stayed at the hotel a couple of years ago and thought it was terrific. However, there are three components to the hotel the largest being across the the street from the beach. The trick is to get a room on the beach side of the street. Although we had won the room on Priceline we phoned the hotel and they very kindly gave us a corner room over looking the beach; the room which was really quite lovely. The only reservation we have about the hotel is that other the funky Bahia Cabana across the street, the location is a bit distant from restaurants.

How long before my stay do you think is the right time to call. I will be there in March 2013.

Thanks everyone for the info:)

How long before my stay do you think is the right time to call. I will be there in March 2013.

Thanks everyone for the info:)

My thought would be about 90 days before hand and the conversation might go along the line of "this is our first visit to FLL and gosh we would sure like to be close to the ocean and have a beach view". The old story, if you don't ask you don't get.:)

My thought would be about 90 days before hand and the conversation might go along the line of "this is our first visit to FLL and gosh we would sure like to be close to the ocean and have a beach view". The old story, if you don't ask you don't get.:)

Great advice:)

Just came back from a stay in FLL. Stayed at the Best Western next door to the Sheraton. Looks like a lot of construction going on there at the moment. The beach side pool is open but the one in the interior between the two buildings was closed for maintanance. Bob:)

Just came back from a stay in FLL. Stayed at the Best Western next door to the Sheraton. Looks like a lot of construction going on there at the moment. The beach side pool is open but the one in the interior between the two buildings was closed for maintanance. Bob:)

I currently am staying at LaQuinta in Hollywood because I can get a great Govt Rate and it comes with breakfast. Is this Best Western the one on Seabreeze Blvd? If so, it is really on the beach? I can get a great govt rate about $20 more then I'm paying now but if I can be on the beach and in an area with restaurants and stores, I don't mind paying the extra money.

Royalcruz, what do you think? Would this be a better hotel for a family of 5 without a car? All thats around the LaQuinta is the mall across the street. I wanted to go to Hollywood Boardwalk but a taxi back & forth will cost me about $40 and now I'm not sure I want to spend the money to do that.

ragitiki2004, what was your opinion of the Best Western? Did you like the area?

Not that I want to rush my vacation but until I'm on that boat, I'm going to keep looking for a better hotel and I'm driving myself and my group crazy ;)

I currently am staying at LaQuinta in Hollywood because I can get a great Govt Rate and it comes with breakfast. Is this Best Western the one on Seabreeze Blvd? If so, it is really on the beach? I can get a great govt rate about $20 more then I'm paying now but if I can be on the beach and in an area with restaurants and stores, I don't mind paying the extra money.

Royalcruz, what do you think? Would this be a better hotel for a family of 5 without a car? All thats around the LaQuinta is the mall across the street. I wanted to go to Hollywood Boardwalk but a taxi back & forth will cost me about $40 and now I'm not sure I want to spend the money to do that.

The Best Western Oceanside is not on the beach but it is less than a block away. You can walk to Bahia Cabana across the street for inexpensive family meals. There is also a casual beachfront restaurant at the Marriott Harbour Beach a block away. You would have to walk about a half mile to get anywhere outside of the immediate area.

The Best Western Oceanside is not on the beach but it is less than a block away. You can walk to Bahia Cabana across the street for inexpensive family meals. There is also a casual beachfront restaurant at the Marriott Harbour Beach a block away. You would have to walk about a half mile to get anywhere outside of the immediate area.

Thanks again for the info but the Best Western won't work for me. Even thought I am a family of 5 and need 2 rooms since their rooms hold a max of 4, they will only give me 1 room at the govt rate and the 2nd room rate is what i'm paying for 2 rooms at the LaQuinta.

I need to stop looking and just stay put. Its only for 1 night

Looking for Dinner and Breakfast places.

Thanks

Joanne

Bahia Cabana serves dinner and breakfast. The food is just ok but they do have fresh fish and it's on the marina and inexpensive. There is a Mexican restaurant at the Sheraton. The Marriott Harbor Beach a few doors down has 2 restaurants. If you don't mind walking, Coconuts is great. I'm not sure if they serve breakfast every day, but lunch and dinner is great there. Other options a few blocks away are Oasis and Bubba Gump's.

Bahia Cabana serves dinner and breakfast. The food is just ok but they do have fresh fish and it's on the marina and inexpensive. There is a Mexican restaurant at the Sheraton. The Marriott Harbor Beach a few doors down has 2 restaurants. If you don't mind walking, Coconuts is great. I'm not sure if they serve breakfast every day, but lunch and dinner is great there. Other options a few blocks away are Oasis and Bubba Gump's.

Thanks!

Archived