Best Conch Fritters?

jpr1908

Where have you had really good conch fritters in Nassau? Leaving next weekend. I had them for the first and only time at a "whole in the wall" next to Senor Frogs last October. They were wonderful, but I had no basis for comparison, either LOL

Arawak Cay... you have to take transportation to get there, but the seafood, especially the conch, is THE BEST!!!

I believe they also call it Fish Fry... :)

Dead on....The Locals will look at you funny if you ask where is Arawak Cay...Only refer to it as the Fish Fry.. There are several restaurants here, Twin Brothers is the popular one, I prefer Andro's..

If you are fit, the walk really is not all that bad, unless of course you are in a hurry to get more sites in, then take the Jitney.

I don't remember which place I had conch fritters at when I went over to Fish Fry but they were awful, all batter and VERY little conch meat. The ones I have had at Athena Cafe have always been constantly good. Olives also has pretty good fritters.

I don't remember which place I had conch fritters at when I went over to Fish Fry but they were awful, all batter and VERY little conch meat. The ones I have had at Athena Cafe have always been constantly good. Olives also has pretty good fritters.

Sorry to hear you went someplace bad. I haven't had a bad meal there yet but I tend to stick with my favorite place.

Where's Athena Cafe? Maybe I'll give them a try....Seeing that your from Florida too, you should know a good fritter when you get one. :)

Rather than conch fritters I suggest the cracked conch which is pounded conch and then dipped and fried with tarter sauce, not all the filling in the fritters.

Where do you find them ? they sound much better then all the bread crumbs and alittle conch...

Sorry to hear you went someplace bad. I haven't had a bad meal there yet but I tend to stick with my favorite place.

Where's Athena Cafe? Maybe I'll give them a try....Seeing that your from Florida too, you should know a good fritter when you get one. :)

It is on Bay & Charlotte Streets, right across from the ships. Go down Charlotte to Bay, it's above the jewelry store on the right. The same people own both.

Rather than conch fritters I suggest the cracked conch which is pounded conch and then dipped and fried with tarter sauce, not all the filling in the fritters.

That sounds much better than fritters. Now...where can I get tyem in Freeport?

Archived