YTD with party of 6~

QTPieRye

Last year on the Splendor, DH and I ran into wait times for YTD. It was just the 2 of us... this year there are 6 of us. I assume they either have tables for 6 or they combine 3 of the tables for 2..... what is your experience with YTD and groups of 6? Was their a wait? What type of table?

my family of five was on the splendor in January and did ytd we got there almost always between 6and 7 and literally walked right in. we always requested same table/wait staff I think one night we waited 5 minutes but were never given a beeper. we sat at a round table that sat I believe 6 or 7 seemed like we always had an extra plate or two laying around. service was great but I think it had to do with us getting lucky first night finding an awesome team of servers and sticking with them, kinda defeated the YTD concept but it worked for us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk..... I apologize fer ne spellng miztakes as itz hard to type on dis little fone

Last year on the Splendor, DH and I ran into wait times for YTD. It was just the 2 of us... this year there are 6 of us. I assume they either have tables for 6 or they combine 3 of the tables for 2..... what is your experience with YTD and groups of 6? Was their a wait? What type of table?

We've done YTD twice, on the Elation and Fascination. Never had a wait time of more than 2-3 minutes. Once we had a party of twelve and once a party of four. The party of twelve sat at 2 tables for 6.

I'll let you know how it goes next week after our third experience with YTD.

We've done YTD twice, on the Elation and Fascination. Never had a wait time of more than 2-3 minutes. Once we had a party of twelve and once a party of four. The party of twelve sat at 2 tables for 6.

I'll let you know how it goes next week after our third experience with YTD.

What is the biggest group they can seat at one table?

On the Glory, they had a table for 14, one for 12, at least one for 10 and many for 8, 6 etc. We waited for 12 once and even waited 45 min. for a table for six once because we requested a specific server's section. Most of the ships we've been on in the past year or so have changed YTD to the entire bottom floor of one dining room with the second floor being assigned. That way they have much more room for YTD because its very popular.

my family of five was on the splendor in January and did ytd we got there almost always between 6and 7 and literally walked right in. we always requested same table/wait staff I think one night we waited 5 minutes but were never given a beeper. we sat at a round table that sat I believe 6 or 7 seemed like we always had an extra plate or two laying around. service was great but I think it had to do with us getting lucky first night finding an awesome team of servers and sticking with them, kinda defeated the YTD concept but it worked for us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk..... I apologize fer ne spellng miztakes as itz hard to type on dis little fone

Thanks Sbnuggie! I remember you from our roll call last year :)

If your party gets there by 6:15 or after 7:30, you shouldn't have to wait.

Last Dec. on the Splendor, I remember waiting every night. Didn't matter what time we got there. They were really disorganized.

Archived