Best cabin for Vertigo

snownsun

Wow, I didn't realise how many others suffer from Vertigo too. Mine is awful for about 2 weeks after a long trip.

Thanks for all the amazing advice with fighting it!!:)

If you're taking Bonine with/after dinner, does that mean no alcohol in the evening??? How boring :eek: I'll try to find someone who is travelling from here to the US, to buy some for me while there, cos the vertigo thing all starts with the long flight over to Florida.

Unfortunately, my sister from Canada who was going to join me on the cruise, might not now be able to get her vacation leave.:( Hubby doesn't want to go; last cruise with him, it was like I was travelling solo anyways. However, I'd made so many new friends from the Rollcall thread & Meet & Mingle, that I had a blast without him & everyone thought I was making it up that the invisible husband was even on board. :p:D

I always take Bonine and I always order the wine package and finish it, never had a problem :D

My vertigo can vary from a slight bout of dizziness to my eyes shaking for a week or two. I've stayed in an inside mid ship stateroom with no problems anywhere on the ship. I don't take any preventatives, but make sure I go to the dr. for a prescription (mecclazine) just in case. I think it can be different for everyone. good luck!

Can someone tell me if Bonine is drowsy? I can't get it up here in Canada, the only pill I know of up here will make you sleepy and normally makes me pass out within 1-2 hours.

I always take Bonine and it does make me drowsy (even though it's not supposed to). I've found the solution for that is to take it before bedtime. By the time I get up and about the next morning the drowsiness is not too noticeable.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks so much everyone for your marvellous input on fighting cruise Vertigo.

After much deliberation, I've now booked a Deck 2, Oceanview, Midship cabin on the IOS. My sister can now definitely come too!

A girl from work has just come back from HNL, so she brought pack a couple of packets of 'Bonine' for me, so now I'll all set up for the cruise & flights over.:)

Thanks so much again!!!!

Cheers,

Bev:D

Thanks so much everyone for your marvellous input on fighting cruise Vertigo.

After much deliberation, I've now booked a Deck 2, Oceanview, Midship cabin on the IOS. My sister can now definitely come too!

A girl from work has just come back from HNL, so she brought pack a couple of packets of 'Bonine' for me, so now I'll all set up for the cruise & flights over.:)

Thanks so much again!!!!

Cheers,

Bev:D

before I read this reply I was going to suggest cabin 2280, a cat I ocean view near the ice rink. There is a reason the ice rink is low midship. Because there is less motion there than anywhere else on the ship

before I read this reply I was going to suggest cabin 2280, a cat I ocean view near the ice rink. There is a reason the ice rink is low midship. Because there is less motion there than anywhere else on the ship

Thanks SeaUs,

The closest cabin we could get to this is 2324.

Cheers,

Bev

Archived