ANDY HOGG deck cadet

Corinne Marie

Do you know who the Captain will be on the Caribbean Princess for the August 6th sailing? Do you think that we can ask him to visit the bridge? I would like to surprise my mom with this for her birthday. While I was on the Sun Princess in MArch I was able to visit the bridge with Captain William Kent.

Thank you,

Corinne

Hi Corinne!

Captain Romano is scheduled to go on leave at the end of next month after his four month stint onboard. He should return mid August, which means you will sail under the command of the Relief Captain. At this time, it should be Captain Nick Nash - a fantastic Captain. He has a great sense of humour and is a very approachable and friendly Captain - I am certain that if you write to him onboard, he will grant you a Bridge Visit.

Have a wonderful cruise! :D

Andy Hogg is indeed my name, the 'P' in my username is Paul my middle name , and 'Deck Cadet' is my title with the company (unless they throw me out!!!!) :D

Thank you Andy for the valuable information. I have sailed with Nick Nash on the Grand Princess in the summer of 2003. I loved listening to his daily updates on the PA system.

Best of luck to you on the Golden Princess. A beautiful ship. I was on her last summer out of San Juan.

Corinne

Yes, he was very funny...my personal favourite was on embarkation (we sailed on the Valentines Cruise) when he said that he hoped we had all brought our loved ones with us, but if not, then not to worry, he was sure he could arrange something!!!

He was kind enough to grant me a private tour of the bridge and spent some time chatting about a life at sea - I look forward to sailing with him in the future.

Have a great cruise on the Caribbean - she is a wonderful ship and has a great crew! :D

Thanks Andy. I am looking forward to this cruise. It is a yearly cruise that I do with my mom and my cousin (just 3 gals). No children to worry about.

If I may ask you......What does a deck cadet do? I assume you are in the bridge. When I was up in the bridge on the Sun Princess, after we left the port of Greneda, the captain left the bridge and had the 3rd officer speak with us and show us how different systems worked. I know that there were others up on the bridge as well (Navigator, sea man, and perhaps others as well).

Corinne

Thanks so much for posting the website that tells what a deck cadet is and does. It was very interesting to read. WOW, I wish I had the opportunity that you have to have my education paid for, get free travel expenses and accomodations, and get paid for it all. Boy, if I were younger.... Anyway, will you be on the Golden 1/7/2006? We will be on our first Princess cruise then and was hoping once you're on there you can provide some insight and secrets about the Golden Princess. Maybe you could even help us secure a short, brief, tour of the bridge? At least help with how to go about it....:D

Archived