Lisbon Hotels

cruzemaven

We just returned from 3 days pre cruise at the Altis Avenida Hotel. Nice hotel, great location in the thick of things. Only drawback is that there are 3 Altis hotels in the area and you really have to pay attention to which one you are dropped at. We were taken to the wrong one despite our giving the driver the address. Another of our group was taken also to the wrong one. None is very far from the airport, maybe 15-30 min drive depending of course on traffic.

------------

Helen

I suggest you look at the Britania Hotel. Click here for the web site: http://www.heritage.pt/hotel_britania.html I stayed in it and liked it about a year ago, and I notice the Britania is still well-ranked on the Trip Advisor site. The airport bus stops about a block away, and the hotel gives you a special deal on the cost of the bus.

Loved the Hotel Vincci Baixa; right in town a block from Praça do Comércio, and convenient to everything via either walking, or public transportation. We did stay 4 years ago, but recent TA reviews still look promising.

Easy cab ride to the airport - google maps says 6 km, 12 minutes. That fits with my memory of it being a fast ride. There is also supposed to be an Aerobus that leaves from Praça do Comércio, but we did not try this.

I suggest you look at the Britania Hotel. Click here for the web site: http://www.heritage.pt/hotel_britania.html I stayed in it and liked it about a year ago, and I notice the Britania is still well-ranked on the Trip Advisor site. The airport bus stops about a block away, and the hotel gives you a special deal on the cost of the bus.

Any of the heritage.pt hotels are great.....I stayed in the Solar do Castelo for 2 nights before my Regatta cruise earlier this month....if you want somewhere quiet in the Alfama area then it's perfect. The reviews on Trip Advisor are accurate for once :)

We stayed at the Four Seasons in June and loved it. The service was wonderful. We were traveling with someone that sleeps with an oxygen compressor and they supplied one even though she traveled with her own. They even insisted that we take that one with us as a spare just in case and ship it back which we did. They really went above and beyond. The breakfast is held in a beautiful large dining room and the spread is so large, unlike any we have seen anywhere in Europe. This was a five star expierence.

We really enjoyed the Sofitel Liberdade. Room was large and beds very comfortable. We even had an expresso machine in the room. It was very near Rossio Square and we walked via pedestrian streets to Praca do Commerico from the hotel. The staff was very helpful: lots of shopping in the area; subway stop right across the street; and train station within a couple of blocks. We had the breakfast buffet before departing for the airport about a 10 minute ride on an early Saturday morning when traffic was light.

• 1 month later...

There are 3 Fenix hotels near/on the Parque Eduardo VII. I've stayed at the Fenix Lisboa (4-star) and it was a good choice. I took a look inside the next-door Fenix Garden (3-star), and it is also a good choice if you want to save a few dollars. I'm staying at the Fenix Lisboa again next June after a cruise on the Nautica--got a great rate under $100/night total for 2 people with tax and breakfast included.

The airport is not that far from the city, so almost any hotel in Lisbon would be convenient to the airport.

Archived