Aft balcony vs. Mini-Suite Balcony

suzy_g

Hello,

I currently have an aft BB cabin reserved on the Star but there are mini-suites available. Can anyone tell me which is the bigger balcony? Which cabin would be preferrable as far as size goes, more for my $$? I did a CC forum search and found a picture of the aft cabin we booked and from what I could tell, the layout for the BB cabin is the same as a mini-suite. FWIW, it's cabin E730.

Are you looking for balcony size or for cabin size? Are you willing to pay the difference in price? Sometimes the difference is so miniscule that it's silly to even consider a balcony over a mini. FWIW, I just came off a 14 day transatlantic on the Star (May 15th); in a mini. The weather was such that we couldn't use the balcony; much too cold for we Floridians. But the extra cabin space...........wonderful! Nothing beats a mini, except of course a full suite. And unless Princess bestows one on me, I'm "doomed" to a mini. :)

Arlene

The layout for the BB's is totally different then for the mini suites. Even an aft BB has a bed and two chairs. Whereas a mini suite has an actual sitting area with sofa, two TV's, larger bathroom with full sized tub and tons of storage space. I would choose the mini over the aft BB anytime.

Just off the Sapphire aft corner BB, C-753. Inside smaller than a mini (same as other standard balcony rooms). Balcony close to the same size as a mini balcony (~90 sq feet, the same as other Caribe deck balconies) fully covered.

Big defferance is inside space and the price. Hope this helps, Happy cruising, Steve

I booked an aft BB on the CB for an upcoming cruise. There were no covered mini's available at the time. However, E730 (which is a minisuite on the CB)opened and I jumped on it. I would choose an Aft Balcony over an uncovered mini, but not over a covered mini, especially the one I have.

Are aft balconies usually bigger/deeper than other balconies in whatever cabin class?

Yes, normally the aft have deeper balconys. Just research first as the size can also depend on which deck you choose on some ships.

Archived