Guide's Choice Adventure Hike in Juneau - what did you wear?

frames

Layers appropriate for that day, just as you would for the rest of your cruise. We did a less intense hike with the same provider (Gastineau Guiding at www.stepintoalaska.com if you want the run down), and loved it. Wished we could have done Guide's Choice, but we had a recent knee injury in the group and were already pushing things with a glacier trek that same afternoon. We had a warm day, and I think we wore jeans, t-shirt, fleece jacket (that was taken off at some point), and raingear. I think we wore tennis shoes rather than our hiking boots, but probably would have done otherwise on Guide's Choice.

From Gastineau Guiding's FAQ:

What do I wear on your hikes and walks? Good sturdy footwear, such as hiking boots or walking shoes are recommended for all walks, and are required on the longer hikes. Dress in layers, as our weather changes rapidly, as will your comfort needs as you move from walking of hiking to resting. We recommend a light layer of clothing under fleece or wool outerwear. If you have good raingear, bring that too. We provide rain ponchos on all of our hikes and walks.

Archived