Why E728?

wags

I've looked at the deck plans and E728 does not seem to have a larger balcony than the other E cabins so why is it special? Hoping to book on the Golden and wonder if we should go for it if it's available.

We have had both cabins on the Grand and on the Star. Although the deck plans do not show it, the balcony extends back towards the aft of the ship and is almost twice as large as the others. It is a great balcony as long as it is not real windy, then it about becomes unusable we found.

Toto, you're welcome. But, to be honest, I didn't even realize they were yours'! :o I think I have every webshot of anything even close to E730 added to my favorites - lol! ;)

I must admit, everyone on these Princess threads has been just wonderful!

Thanks for posting the link to my pictures Karen, I had forgotten about them. ::::blushing::::

m steve...You're very welcome.

Yes, I've replied to one of your "grouch mails" today. ;)

Thanks. Your photo shows me what my D737 will be like on Diamond. I wish everyone was as helpful, then I wouldn't send my grouch mail out.:)

Thanks everyone. Madelinerose, the pictures were great! Two more questions, please. This cabin is above the stage. Did you notice a lot of noise from the shows? Noise or vibrations from the engines? Thanks, Wags

In E728 we noticed a pretty serious engine vibration/noise when arriving or leaving a port on the Grand Princess. Some times it actually got bad enough where it could vibrate things off the table. The noise was strange, it seemed to come from the hallway, but when we checked, there was nothing out there. So, I am guessing it had something to do with the engine. It was the worst in the sleeping area but not so bad in the sitting area. After a few evenings, we got used to it.

On the Star we had E729 and it was more the noise from the lounge below that entertained us every evening, but it did stop around 11:00. We really didn't feel any vibration on the Star. So I guess it has to do with which ship and which side your cabin is on.

Druke, you are probably right on the money with that guess. All I knew is that it sure did a lot of shaking back there. It made us realize that the experience of the larger balcony was nice, but not worth the noise and vibrating that took place.

Archived