Surprising a first-time cruiser

stephanie13rown

My best friend and I are going on a cruise a month before her birthday. This is her first-ever cruise, and we live several hundred miles away from each other, so I'd like to work her birthday into the fun. What are some creative ways to surprise her, make the trip special, etc.? Not super interested in a cake or gift basket from Bon Voyage...want something with a more personal touch. Basically just want to make her trip more memorable. Any brilliant ideas?

If you can get on board before your friend, decorate the door in a HB mode.

Coz is such a varied port, there is so much to do to make it special... Dolphin Swim? Twister ride & Beach? Nachi? Sancho's? Horse ride?

Bottle of sparkling for Elegant night? (White goes with Lobster!)

Maybe one of those shirts you can have made?

Good luck!

dk

My best friend and I are going on a cruise a month before her birthday. This is her first-ever cruise, and we live several hundred miles away from each other, so I'd like to work her birthday into the fun. What are some creative ways to surprise her, make the trip special, etc.? Not super interested in a cake or gift basket from Bon Voyage...want something with a more personal touch. Basically just want to make her trip more memorable. Any brilliant ideas?

Book an awesome meal from a great local restaurant at one of the places you stop and arrange for them do birthday it up.

Or...get her a birthday card with a stack of drink tickets in it for the ship.

If you find the place on the website where it says, "special occasions" in your booking stuff and click birthday, some people may come out at dinner and humiliate her with a song and dance. I jokingly ordered a "happy honeymoon" cake once and this happened to me. I am not married.

Book an awesome meal from a great local restaurant at one of the places you stop and arrange for them do birthday it up.

Or...get her a birthday card with a stack of drink tickets in it for the ship.

If you find the place on the website where it says, "special occasions" in your booking stuff and click birthday, some people may come out at dinner and humiliate her with a song and dance. I jokingly ordered a "happy honeymoon" cake once and this happened to me. I am not married.

thanks for the very cool, creative ideas! HILARIOUS about the honeymoon bit.

p.s. noticed you're from Birmingham - the UK one or the glorious little slice of heaven way down in Alabam? I was born and raised in B'ham.

thanks for the very cool, creative ideas! HILARIOUS about the honeymoon bit.

p.s. noticed you're from Birmingham - the UK one or the glorious little slice of heaven way down in Alabam? I was born and raised in B'ham.

Born and raised and still here today. About to take two cruises back to back. It's going to be amazing.

Order her a cake and have the servers sing for her after dinner.Bring a camera

Or get the Maitre D involved and he/she could pull something off ( alittle tip may be expected)

Another thing is we like to take the pictures on formal nights and if you request some funny ones the photographers will make some funny pictures for you :)

On a side note you may buy them :)

Archived