Pools on azura

torty

have read conflicting information regarding adult only pools on azura. We're thinking of booking for the caribbean in february hopefully avoiding the half term holiday but can't be exact on this so there may well be some children aboard in which case we would really appreciate a child free pool. Can any recent cruisers give advice on this. If there is a child free pool are the pool attendants supervising to ensure it remains child free. Don't get me wrong, i'm not anti children but just want somewhere to escape, if necessary.

I have been on azura recently and the only pool which was adult only was the one in the retreat. Children were able to use all 3 main pools although it was during the school holidays and there was apparently 900 children on board. Also none of the pools have attendants and seemingly not many of the children or parents could read as there's big signs saying no diving or jumping but they still did (a lot of the time with encouragement from parents). this was one of the most disappointing things about the cruise - the only time I managed to get a swim was when it was too cold for the children or in the evening when most has gone to the tea party (which wasn't often as I was getting ready for dinner myself).

No pools are child-free on Azura, you can pay extra to be in 'The Retreat' though to escape children, calming and exclusive but gets booked up very quickly esp in Caribbean. I know of someone who boarded on day 2 of Barbados arrival and it was already booked up! If I fly cruise I would arrive on day 1 and book that and the supplement restaurants as soon as I boarded !

The Terrace Pool at the stern was for over 16s when I was on board. They must have changed the rule, but it was 2 years ago, not that it made a scrap of difference, as parents still let their kids into it. The other two main pools are so noisy with the seascreen and other loud music that it is impossible to sit at either of them if you want to read.

The Terrace Pool at the stern was for over 16s when I was on board. They must have changed the rule, but it was 2 years ago, not that it made a scrap of difference, as parents still let their kids into it. The other two main pools are so noisy with the seascreen and other loud music that it is impossible to sit at either of them if you want to read.

This pool was always abit of a problem. P&Os promotional literature described it as being convenient for the childrens clubs, but onboard literature described it as adults only. Presumably convenient for the children to look at but not to use.

Glad to read that common sense appears to have prevailed.

The aft pool was definitely family friendly and full of kids most of the time complete with foam toys and balls. The paddling pool didn't seem to be open most of the time but when it was it was only the very little ones who used it anway.

Archived