FLL Airport terminals

Husky61

Hi,

We will be arriving and departing from FLL for our cruise, and we are wondering if you can walk between the terminals without having to go through security for each terminal?

We have a Delta Sky-Club pass, but the Sky-Club is in a different terminal than the one we will be departing from.

Thanks for your responses.:)

Hi,

We will be arriving and departing from FLL for our cruise, and we are wondering if you can walk between the terminals without having to go through security for each terminal?

We have a Delta Sky-Club pass, but the Sky-Club is in a different terminal than the one we will be departing from.

Thanks for your responses.:)

If you exit from Terminal 4 or Terminal 3, there is no way to go to any other terminal without going outside and then going through security again. However, Terminals 1 and 2 are in buildings that are attached to one another, so there MAY be a way to go from Terminal 1 to Terminal 2 once you've cleared security, but I am not sure of this. I have only ever flown out of/into Terminal 3 or 4. Perhaps someone else who has more info about Terminals 1 & 2 will chime in, but, if not, I would assume that you can't until you have concrete information otherwise.

If you exit from Terminal 4 or Terminal 3, there is no way to go to any other terminal without going outside and then going through security again. However, Terminals 1 and 2 are in buildings that are attached to one another, so there MAY be a way to go from Terminal 1 to Terminal 2 once you've cleared security, but I am not sure of this. I have only ever flown out of/into Terminal 3 or 4. Perhaps someone else who has more info about Terminals 1 & 2 will chime in. But, if not, I would assume that you can't until you have concrete information otherwise.

All the terminals are separate. Terminal 1 has 2 concourses, but even they are separate security zones. Terminal 3 is like this a well.

Terminalcomplexonly.jpg

All the terminals are separate. Terminal 1 has 2 concourses, but even they are separate security zones. Terminal 3 is like this a well.

Terminalcomplexonly.jpg

I was certain about Terminals 3 and 4, but was not 100% sure about Terminals 1 & 2(as I reflected in my earlier post). Thanks for clarifying for the OP.

If you exit from Terminal 4 or Terminal 3, there is no way to go to any other terminal without going outside and then going through security again. However, Terminals 1 and 2 are in buildings that are attached to one another, so there MAY be a way to go from Terminal 1 to Terminal 2 once you've cleared security, but I am not sure of this. I have only ever flown out of/into Terminal 3 or 4. Perhaps someone else who has more info about Terminals 1 & 2 will chime in, but, if not, I would assume that you can't until you have concrete information otherwise.

Regarding the info that I've highlighted in red: Dan J has confirmed that Terminals 1 & 2 are in seperate buildings, but that Terminal 1 has 2 concourses. This must be what I was thinking of. Whatever the case, you cannot go from any of the terminals without clearing security again. Thanks to Dan J for the map of the airport.

Thanks to everyone for their responses. Needless to say I am disappointed that I would have to clear security if we chose to go to the other terminal where the Sky-Club is located.

With that information provided by everyone, I doubt that we will want to go through security a second and maybe a third time.

Here in Seattle, once one clears security, they can visit any terminal they want without ever going through security again.

Again, my thanks to everyone for their responses.:):):)

Thanks to everyone for their responses. Needless to say I am disappointed that I would have to clear security if we chose to go to the other terminal where the Sky-Club is located.

With that information provided by everyone, I doubt that we will want to go through security a second and maybe a third time.

Here in Seattle, once one clears security, they can visit any terminal they want without ever going through security again.

Again, my thanks to everyone for their responses.:):):)

You would want to verify in advance whether you actually could go to the Skyclub anyway. Just having the pass usually doesn't mean you can enter unless you have a Delta or partner codeshare ticket. I can't speak with authority about whether TSA would let you through security in one terminal with a ticket for another terminal, even if that ticket was for a partner airline using a lounge.

Terminal four will soon begin an upgrade to about twice its capacity and also will add the convenience of going to another (I'm not sure which) terminal without having to clear security. Sorry that hasn't yet happened.

You would want to verify in advance whether you actually could go to the Skyclub anyway. Just having the pass usually doesn't mean you can enter unless you have a Delta or partner codeshare ticket. I can't speak with authority about whether TSA would let you through security in one terminal with a ticket for another terminal, even if that ticket was for a partner airline using a lounge.

DanJ,

Thanks, we have a lifetime Delta Sky-Club membership.

Thanks.:)

Archived