Barbados flights

torty

booking caribbean on azura for february 2013. Has anyone recent experience of flights. Not sure whether to pay extra for premium economy, would it be worth it? Have read in the past of problems with thomas cook particularly with luggage allowance. Any info on recent flight experiences would be much appreciated

We have paid extra for premium on our past 2 barbados flights, but we were only flying one way and sailing back to Southampton, the cost was £99 per person, so double it for a round trip (think it may even have increased by now). I think premium seats still get a free bar whereas economy only get one free drink now...both our flights were with Thomson, the one this year on a first choice plane, the seats were rock hard and not that comfortable compared to last year.

We are booked on another Thomson flight for our Azura caribbean cruise in 2013 but have opted for economy seats, preferring to spend the additional £400+ it would cost for premium whilst on our cruise!

I think both TC and Thomsons are quite strict on the luggage allowance regardless of whether you are in premium or economy, my recommendation is to buy some digital luggage scales...

We are on Azura in February!

Only you can decide if it is worth it, the extra taxes now mean the prices are getting quite heady.

If possible I would book it for the return only. On an overnight flight the extra legroom and seat width helps if you want to sleep.

Wow, £99pp for premium economy, that's great. We are flying back from Barbados with Thomas Cook after 16 nights on Azura but not until Nov 2013 and our TA has quoted £300pp one way :eek: Don't think we can justify another £600 on the cost of the trip just for a couple of inches extra legroom. Hopefully we'll sleep through most of the flight :)

Incidentally, we've got 23kg per person luggage allowance which isn't too bad!

I would pay the extra if money isn't tight. The return flight particularly is tough (but doable) in economy. P&O only sell outbound and return flights together and for our Feb 13 cruise flight to Barbados we have paid £249.00 each return. It all depends on your own priorities.

Archived