Aft Balcony on Breakaway

Jewels32

oh Tara I'm going to be begging for pics when you return since we're sailing after you!! LOL! I've never sailed aft before but I'm excited to - heard great things - especially about the view!!

This will also be our first aft! We typically sail midship, so this will be a treat!

I have looked in detail at the deck plans and see no difference in size. Deck plans are never exact and only representative. I will know for sure on April 28th.

Are we looking at two different things? I too have looked at the deck plans in detail and my eyes see that 11910 is larger, and there is no extra white area. On many ships balcony sizes differ (in the same category) and they are identified on deck plans simply by looking at them. I see no reason why this would be any different, but I guess we'll never know until we start seeing the reviews. It's only speculation at this point anyway.

Edited by TravlGrl

If you haven't seen these on the other thread, loungerz construction pictures of the aft shows a pretty good view of the tier effect - also shows the red (top pic)/yellow(bottom pic) outline of the aft PH, which look like a nice big size:

7652b52c.jpg

d40a4f7d.jpg

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1691618

Edited by SeaHunt

I believe the "white" part you are speaking of on the plans does not actually depict the balcony area, but the actual "footprint" of the ship. The higher decks taper in, the white space gets larger. The picture below actually shows as much detail as possible on the Breakaway to date, as these are the actual construction photos

0a55be5d.jpg

985f34dc.jpg

10510_10151301484661414_427902187_n_zps3a81f769.jpg

d40a4f7d.jpg

The 3rd picture is actually the most recent I've seen posted. Clearly shows the back sliding doors on the bacony as well as the rails. Even the balcony partitions are in place on Deck 14. The last picture depicts the size of the Aft Suite Balcony, whereas each regular balcony cabin will be about the size of each sliding door opening (note there is one larger cabin in the center as these are handicapped cabins). There are 6 reg. balcony cabins and 2 aft corner suites on each deck.

Lol Seahunt...like minds! I didn't see your post until after my page refreshed with my post! I love Loungerz thread and constantly look forward to his updates!

~Michele:)

LOL Me too :D I'm also always looking at those great photos, and those aft balconies are telling me to "book meeee" :D

I believe the "white" part you are speaking of on the plans does not actually depict the balcony area, but the actual "footprint" of the ship. The higher decks taper in, the white space gets larger. The picture below actually shows as much detail as possible on the Breakaway to date, as these are the actual construction photos

0a55be5d.jpg

985f34dc.jpg

d40a4f7d.jpg

The 3rd picture is actually the most recent I've seen posted. Clearly shows the back sliding doors on the bacony as well as the rails. Even the balcony partitions are in place on Deck 14. The last picture depicts the size of the Aft Suite Balcony, whereas each regular balcony cabin will be about the size of each sliding door opening (note there is one larger cabin in the center as these are handicapped cabins). There are 6 reg. balcony cabins and 2 aft corner suites on each deck.

On most decks there are only 5 regular balconies, 1 larger accessible balcony that you can see center deck 13, and 2 suites

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Edited by time2cruise1

0a55be5d.jpg

985f34dc.jpg

d40a4f7d.jpg

Yes, time2cruise1, thank you for clarifying, but I was still referring to that HC balcony in the center of each deck as a "regular" balcony, as it is not a suite. I believe that cabin would still be considered an "aft balcony" when booking.

Yes, time2cruise1, thank you for clarifying, but I was still referring to that HC balcony in the center of each deck as a "regular" balcony, as it is not a suite. I believe that cabin would still be considered an "aft balcony" when booking.

The reason I pointed it out is there are less aft cabins per deck on the Breakaway/ Getaway then the Epic. We wanted 6 on the same deck for the Getaway and it can't be done without booking the accessible cabin that none of us would do.

Edited by time2cruise1

The reason I pointed it out is there are less aft cabins per deck on the Breakaway/ Getaway then the Epic. We wanted 6 on the same deck for the Getaway and it can't be done without booking the accessible cabin that none of us would do.

I guess one of you will have to book an aft suite ;)

~Michele:D

I see my roooooooooooom and I can envision my sitting there with a Rebellious Fish overlooking the Atlantic. COME ON OCTOBER 2013!! LOL

LOL youngest, I feel your pain!! I'd have been your "next door neighbor" except I'm on a different sailing. There is actually someone standing on "my" ;) balcony in the 3rd photo I posted. I hope he is doing an "extra-special" job on it!!

We have just so much anticipation sailing on this ship as it was "sight-unseen" when we booked. Can't wait until June! But I sure am enjoying the anticipation!

~Michele :)

I guess one of you will have to book an aft suite ;)

I would love to but if they are priced like Breakaway TA for the Getaway TA it is not going to happen. I have the GV booked on the Dawn for 6 of us for $2000 more then a Heaven Penthouse would cost for just me on the Breakaway TA :mad:

I would love to but if they are priced like Breakaway TA for the Getaway TA it is not going to happen. I have the GV booked on the Dawn for 6 of us for $2000 more then a Heaven Penthouse would cost for just me on the Breakaway TA :mad:

Yikes :eek: ...I know the Breakaway is up there, so I guess the Getaway will be about the same (although, you never know, as there are more ships/lines that leave from Miami, so more competetion might mean better prices :confused:)

We got over our new ship sticker price and booked that aft penthouse on the Breakaway. But it was tough knowing that we could have cruised several times in a BA for the same price we paid for 1 week in that suite.

LOL youngest, I feel your pain!! I'd have been your "next door neighbor" except I'm on a different sailing. There is actually someone standing on "my" ;) balcony in the 3rd photo I posted. I hope he is doing an "extra-special" job on it!!

We have just so much anticipation sailing on this ship as it was "sight-unseen" when we booked. Can't wait until June! But I sure am enjoying the anticipation!

~Michele :)

You're right Michele - the anticipation is awesome. BUT....I booked it as a surprise for my hubby for next October so I had to remove my ticker so he wouldn't see (he doesn't read CC but sometimes is over my shoulder) and so holding in the surprise on top of him saying "we should book Breakaway" is killing me! I can't wait til Christmas morning! LOL!! Take lots of pics :)

0a55be5d.jpg

I just booked 12908 for the 11/17/13 sailing. If I'm counting right that should put right where the closest chain is attached in the picture.

I just booked 12908 for the 11/17/13 sailing. If I'm counting right that should put right where the closest chain is attached in the picture.

Yes! :D That would be it! Now you can follow along with the construction pictures to see the progress on "your" cabin :)

~Michele

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OK, that sounds weird, but we booked a few years ago on the Pearl and got an Aft balcony before they started charging more for them and we absolutely LOVED it! The difference in balcony size is small, but in such a small space anything is significant.

And on any aft balcony the person above you can see you unless you're on the top, but unless they're actually leaning over the rail I really don't think it's much of a privacy issue. And even if it is, the view is worth it anyway. Especially going out of New York and being able to watch the city shrink into the skyline.

We have booked 12906 for the Sept 1st sailing out of New York on the Breakaway. I cannot tell you how excited we are.... New boat, aft balcony... It's going to be really hard to wait that long.

Also, whether it's just a lack of accuracy on the plans or not, it does look like some of the aft cabins have more space than others(other than the handicap rooms obviously), and 12906 is one of those. I guess we'll see when we get there.

Either way, bottom line is, as far as I'm concerned, the extra money for the aft balcony rooms are absolutely worth it!!!

Thanks,

Sean

Either way, bottom line is, as far as I'm concerned, the extra money for the aft balcony rooms are absolutely worth it!!!

The way I look at it is this... long after the cruise is paid for and over, I'll remember the views from that AFT cabin.

• 3 weeks later...